Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 7:30:46 PM EDT
Right now I have a 10/22 stainless steel carbine.  I am planning on getting a target barrel and a hogue stock.  What is a good cheap way to improve the crappy trigger pull and what is a good barrel.  There are so many choices and brands i am lost.

Thanks,
Ken
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
To improve the trigger check out the Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 Target Hammer. Its's like $30, worth it. Go with a Green Mtn. barrel and you will be fine. I am sure people will say some other brands but for the money, they are worth it. For some ideas check out www.rimfiresports.com  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Or you can go to rimfire central, I'm also a member there. There is a ton of information to be had. The information given is your best bet, Volquarsten makes a good product as does Green Mountain.

Good luck Jason
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
2nd the  Volquartsen hammer.  Mine is at about 3 lb pull and is nice and crisp.  Well worth the $$
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the VQ hammer.  Also pick up a bolt buffer (ebay). It's only about 6 bucks and saves wear and tear on your receiver, and keeps your scope more accurate because it takes the sting out of the bolt between shots.  Also quiets the gun quite a bit.

I have the VQ hammer and VQ carbon barrel.  Love them both  Got them from hawktecharms.com via rimfirecentral.com.  Will shoot dime size groups at 50 yards with brick ammo.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a Power Custom hammer, pull weight is approx 2.5 #

CheapGunParts.com
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I used lots of Volquarsen products to "build" my newest 10/22. It was really easy to do and ended up with a 24 OZ. trigger pull, without polishing everthing, and it's SAFE! Lots of engagement and the mechanism doesn't slip at all. Great stuff...
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the Green Mountain barrel and PC or VQ hammer.  Those two things alone will turn your 10/22 into a pretty sweet shooter.  If you want to take it to the next level though, send the barreled action to Connecticut Precision Chambering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top