Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 4:38:26 PM EDT
Perhaps some one here can help me out.
I took a new 10/22 out to the range today.  After about 30 rounds with only a few jams. The gun became a bad bolt action.
It would fire, cycle a new round, and the click. It would not fire a second shot.
I would then cycle the bolt by hand, it would throw out an unfired round, then fire when I pulled the trigger but only one shot.
Any ideas...
This was with 3 different mags, even the factoty ten.
Thanks
Chip
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of ammunition were you using. I find that some target ammo(Aguila), or ammo that is standard velocity will not cycle the bolt reliably. Try using come yellow jackets or mini-mags if you are not already using them.
That is all I have to offer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
i saw somthing recently that described that exact thing had to do with the hamer or trigger spring cant remeber witch one try over at rim fire
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
try asking here RimfireCentral
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it winchester wildcat in the white box?  Is the gun printing the primer edge, just no bang?  This ammo sucks hot sick ass.  I am sure there are probably others that bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
I looked at rimfire and got a couple of ideas.
CHip
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a problem like this when I first got my 10/22.  It was either partially feeding without fully closing the bolt or it would just FTFeed.  I did 2 things and now it runs good.  First, I squirted a bunch of RemOil into the action and racked the CH by hand about a hundred times.  I did this because it seemed to me that the inside of the receiver, as well as the guide rod and the bearing surfaces of the bolt were not as smooth as I would like, and by doing so it smooths all the insides out.  Clean out all the oil and relube.  It should be slicker now.  The second thing I did was get rid of the rest of the Winchester Super X ammo I had (gave it to a bolt-action .22 buddy) and got some CCI Mini-mags and some Wally world Federal Bulk box.  The winchester ammo seemed weaker to me, and I got a lot of duds.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Use CCI Mini Mags or CCI Velociter, they function very good in a 10/22
I have had bad luck running anything else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top