Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 7:47:17 PM EDT
After owning a 10/22 for 14 years I finally got around to doing a target 10/22 build.
Here’s the parts list so far;
NIB 10/22
Fajen Thumbhole Silhouette Stock
Stainless Steel Adams & Bennett Barrel
Volquartsen Bolt Release and Hammer Pack
B-Square InterLock Scope Base
Simmons 4.5 X 14 ATV Scope

Still to come when the finances allow;
A better scope, the Simmons was one that I had laying around.  
Extended mag release
More trigger work.

Using Wolf match ammo it averaged ¾” ten shot groups at 50 yards.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Freakin' sweet.
Nice Job!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Now thats very kool....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice, I have toyed around with the idea of building one, I have a 10/22T, but I want something to play with and configure all "kick ass".  

Great looking gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm about to build something like that for my 15 yo niece. I'm gonna go with the carbon fiber barrel so she can do either benchrest or shoulder it. The stock you have on the gun above has a large palmswell for anyone but a grown man dont you think? I tried one yesterday and my thoughts were the grip would be just too big for her. I may go with the Houge overmoulded stock.

Yes, the stock is big in the palmswell area and is heavy.  I'm thinking about doing a build now with my old 10/22 using a Houge stock.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice!

As for doing it with the Hogue stock, I highly reccomend it.  I love mine.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice love them 10/22 rifles.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice build!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
as much as i dislike the way those stocks look, i held one at a pawn shop the other day and it surprised me how nice it felt.

the pawn shop wanted $650 or $699 for just the rifle and stock!

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
as much as i dislike the way those stocks look, i held one at a pawn shop the other day and it surprised me how nice it felt.

the pawn shop wanted $650 or $699 for just the rifle and stock!

Here's what the parts cost me from Midway;
Fajen Thumbhole Silhouette Stock Unfinshed   $90  
Stainless Steel Adams & Bennett Barrel           $90  
Volquartsen Bolt Release and Hammer Pack    $35  
B-Square InterLock Scope Base                        $15  
                                                                             $12 shipping
                                                                             $242 total for parts

The stock was on sale, currently it is $120 for a unfinished one, $160 for a finished one.  The barrel was also on sale, it's $100 now.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The stock you have on the gun above has a large palmswell for anyone but a grown man dont you think?.

You could always get an unfinished one and have at it with some sand paper.

BTW. Very nice 2A373!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm about to build something like that for my 15 yo niece. I'm gonna go with the carbon fiber barrel so she can do either benchrest or shoulder it. The stock you have on the gun above has a large palmswell for anyone but a grown man dont you think? I tried one yesterday and my thoughts were the grip would be just too big for her. I may go with the Houge overmoulded stock.

I have a similar stock. It's pretty easy to simply use a moderately aggressive rasp to make the grip any size you want. Follow this up with some sanding and linseed oil. That worked for me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top