Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 1:30:39 PM EDT
OK, I have some parts left over from my Ruger 10/22.

I have replaced, the barrel and stock with after market parts, and am working on a Volqaurtsen trigger assmbly.

I would like to have another 10/22, BUT not have to buy the whole rifle, so I need a reciever.

Who makes a good 10/22 reciever that is not to expensive. I would like to try to build this and stay under the price fo what it would cost to buy one, esp. since I have the extra parts here allready.

Or should I just for get it, and buy another complete rifle?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know Volquartsen is the only other people making a 10/22 receiver. They are rather expensive. Somewhere around $200 or more. There may be others but they would be just as expensive.

Much cheaper to buy another whole rifle.

A used one would be cheaper. If you can find one. People seem to not sell their 10/22's. Don't know why?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Ya I found that the Volq recievers are way expensive.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a guy in TN on the Net that was selling jus the stripped receivers, I got one to build another 10/22. Honestly your best bet is to check gunshows, pawn shops and gun shops for an older 10/22. I have seen ppl get ones for 80-100bux.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Volquartsen isn't the only company that makes them, but the companies that do tend to make them for target rifles, and they are therefore expensive.

www.tanneryshop.com has 80% receivers for $65.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I found three 10/22 receivers in the Brownless catalog.  Lowest price was $165, which is just the receiver and no bolt.  Your best bet is to search the pawn shops or the gun shows.  My friend picked up a 10/22 action that had been taken off a target rifle that was being parted out for really cheap.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:20:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Check www.gunbroker.com There is usually a couple of receivers listed every month. Price ranges from $60 - $80 stripped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:02:40 AM EDT
[#8]
How about just buy a complete and sell the stuff you dont need?  Thats what I did.  (I basically sold everything but the reciever) and as I recall I didnt have any trouble getting rid of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top