Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 7:54:17 PM EDT
What make/manufacture have you found to be the quietest .22lr ammunition?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
These are real quiet. www.aguilaammo.com/supercolibri.htm
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The regular Colibri is quieter than the Super Colibri, it's a tradeoff as you can have a little more power with a little more noise with the Super Colibri.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The regular Colibri is quieter than the Super Colibri, it's a tradeoff as you can have a little more power with a little more noise with the Super Colibri.

More powerful with less noise..?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
No...with Super Colibri it's a little more power and noise than regular Colibri.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Super Colibri will probably be ok in a rifle however I would not shoot regular colibri in a rifle as it may not even make it out of the barrel.

Actually I had some SUPER Colibri get stuck in a really dirty .22 barrel...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Super Colibri will probably be ok in a rifle however I would not shoot regular colibri in a rifle as it may not even make it out of the barrel.

Actually I had some SUPER Colibri get stuck in a really dirty .22 barrel...

I've never had any problems with the Colibri's in my 10/22 (usually kept clean).  Of course they won't cycle the action, but I can shoot them in my backyard with the noise signature of a pellet gun.  I like 'em.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#7]
CCI "CB Long"s work pretty good at short distances on feral cats, darned quiet too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top