Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 2:24:35 PM EDT
How do you disassemble the target model.  We just went shooting this weekend and he needs to clean it but I don't know how besides the bottom screw on the stock.

I took a look at it, since I shot it, and I couldn't figure it out but then again I don't have it with me to mess around.

Where do you start?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]

I have found Ruger to have a great website AND customer service. If you can't find what you need here, shoot them an email or call.

Ruger Firearms

Good Luck !!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
-Remove magazine.
-Back out the takedown screw.
-Move the safety to a centered position.
-Carefully pull the receiver out of the stock barrel end first. (if the fit is good you may have to wiggle it a bit.)
-Tap out the two lower cross pins on the receiver.(should be able to just press them out by hand with a non-metallic object.)
-Remove the upper pin (bolt stop) while you're at it so that you don't accidentally drop it and lose it while cleaning.(all three of these pins are normally held in place by the stock.)
-The trigger assembly should simply drop out at this point.
-You should be able to remove the bolt and bolt handle assembly also by now.
-Clean away!
-Reassembly is simply the reverse.

If all else fails order a manual from Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I just e-mailed him that and told him to reading his F****** manual.    I guess the target model is a little different from the standard as cleaning goes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just e-mailed him that and told him to reading his F****** manual.    I guess the target model is a little different from the standard as cleaning goes.

Disassembly should be the same among all models save for the international version.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just e-mailed him that and told him to reading his F****** manual.  he

Disassembly should be the same among all models save for the international version.

As a matter of fact the target version should be easiest because there is no barrel band to remove.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a matter of fact the target version should be easiest because there is no barrel band to remove.

Yeah, that is where he got stuck.  There wasn't any barrel band.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If anybody has trouble with a ruger 10/22  go to my help site at (whatelse?) http://ruger22.com

I have detailed photos of evey part of the 10/22 and instructions on how to tear it down, modify it, and put it back together..along with some cool tricks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#8]
The target model will disassemble just like the sporter 10/22. The Carbine has the barrel band, but remove it first and it disassmbles just like the Sporter and Target models.

Remember, the saftey has to be in the middle position. That is, half way between on and off. The easiest way to do this is to drop the hammer on an EMPTY chamber. Then push the saftey over to engage it. It'll only go half way. If you've already loosened the takedown screw all you need to do is pull the barreled action out of the stock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
how can anyone have problems taking apart that rifle? It's the easiest gun to take apart that I own and I'm a klutz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top