Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 11:16:58 AM EDT
I have recently discovered that Aguilla Colibri (yellow box) out of a 6" pistol is quiet enough to shoot in my backyard (yes, I have a good dirt backstop) in the middle of a medium-to-large-sized city.

However, now, all I can find at the stores and on the internet is the SUPER Colibri, in the red box.  Did they stop making the regular stuff?  If so, I'm bummed, because the Super Colibri is just a LITTLE too loud out of a 6" pistol for backyard work... after 2 or 3 shots I feel like I have to go indoors because it's too loud
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
First thing that came up when I searched...don't know anything about the company.

http://www.chestnutridge.com/products/ammo.asp (lazy link)

MT

or try... http://www.aguilaammo.com/lookupdealer.asp
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah especially at gunshows there are tons of that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yeah especially at gunshows there are tons of that.

ugh, gunshows

eta: thanks though ill give it a look
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
James, I have heard that they are discontinuing that ammo but you can still find it if you look really hard.
www.swkss.com
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard they were discontinuing the standard Colibri and just going with the Super Colibri. Rumor was that in some cases the standard Colibri would not make it out of a rifle barrel causing shooters to stack bullets up in the bore.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I heard they were discontinuing the standard Colibri and just going with the Super Colibri. Rumor was that in some cases the standard Colibri would not make it out of a rifle barrel causing shooters to stack bullets up in the bore.

Well shoot, I've had SUPER Colibri get stuck in a (probably dirty) rifle bore, isn't it the shooter's responsibility to listen and check the bore?
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well shoot, I've had SUPER Colibri get stuck in a (probably dirty) rifle bore, isn't it the shooter's responsibility to listen and check the bore?

Keyword : responsibility.

Call it just another vicitim of our legal system.  I'm sure the lawyer of the first knuckehead who injures himself would say it was the manufacturer's 'responsibilty' to produce a round with enough power to exit the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Keyword : responsibility.

Call it just another vicitim of our legal system.  I'm sure the lawyer of the first knuckehead who injures himself would say it was the manufacturer's 'responsibilty' to produce a round with enough power to exit the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
About two years or so I bought about 7,000 rounds of the Colibri because I figured it would be just a matter of time before they were outlawed for being too quiet...never thought they'd be discontinued voluntarily by the factory though.  I've never shot any of the Super Colibri but the Colibri is very quiet out of a revolver and now I'm quite happy that I've only shot about 200 of the Colibri but will look for more at the gun shows because it's ideal for teaching a newbie to shoot and will be the first ammo our daughter will fire when I decide she's old enough to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it legal to discharge firearms in city limits where you live?  Regardless of the noise level or backstops, using Colibris is still discharging a firearm and illegal in virtually every city I've ever lived in.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is it legal to discharge firearms in city limits where you live?  Regardless of the noise level or backstops, using Colibris is still discharging a firearm and illegal in virtually every city I've ever lived in.

I HOPE THATS A PREBAN U HAVE CAUSE YOU HAVE 2 MANY FEATURES!!!!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top