Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2004 6:13:03 PM EDT
Does anyone know who will be stocking these and what the prices are like?

It would be great if Wal-Mart carries them, but I think they may try to be too PC.

Any pre-order places?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than some NEW gun manufactors supplying them, I havent heard of any after market ones.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
butler creek never stopped making the hot and steel lips ones, they just sold them to canada with the export only writing
although I haven't seen preorders for them yet they'll be sure to get the writing off the molds and make US ones as soon as the law is gone
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Condors at CTD
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Condors at www.copesdist.com/index2.htm
$19.99
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]
TopGlock has a preorder page setup for after the ban.
TopGlock-sunset
They list the 25 round Butler creek mags.
I've never heard of Condor mags anyone have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh please oh please let someone make a 100 rd drum mag
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be great if they made a hi-cap that held the bolt open on the last shot... A good quality one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This would be beyond awesome.

If they made ones that work flawlessly I would surely buy a few along with the Gatling Gun kit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

my thumbs are hurting just thinking about it
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:52:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like you'll need a Hot Lips magazine loader too!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:23:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone remember the 50rnd tear-drop magazines manufactured by MWG?  I remember a local classII having some billet aluminum bodies for them that he picked up at one of the Knob Creek shoots.  Somebody find out where we can get some of those bad boys.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've never heard of Condor mags anyone have any experience with them?

Yes, I have.  They were junk.  Failed to feel constantly and fell out of the rifle when it was loaded full.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a good kind of pain

Actually I was thinking the other day about how cool it would be to have a mag that was fed by a hopper. I wouldn't know how to do something like that but something you could dump a whole box of ammo into and just fire away would be cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a good kind of pain

Actually I was thinking the other day about how cool it would be to have a mag that was fed by a hopper. I wouldn't know how to do something like that but something you could dump a whole box of ammo into and just fire away would be cool.

I'm sure something like that could be made... You can't expect it to be perfect at first, but as long as people keep trying, eventually it should work well enough. Just look at how many changes have been made to paintball hoppers.
A modification to the receiver might be needed: Think belt-fed rifle, but with a hopper instead. The hopper could be based on how the magazine loaders work: A slot the ammo falls into. With a added plastic/rubber punch that pops up from the bottom of the hopper to mix things up and allow it to feed into the slot a little better. From the slot it would feed through the elbow and be set for insertion.... That's where I think it would be a bit more difficult to get it to function with a hopper, since the 10/22 was designed to be fed from the bottom. Many modifications to the rifle would be need... So unless someone can figure out some sort of a anti-gravity hopper that will feed into a stock rifle, I don't see it happening.

I'd be more than happy enough with a belt-fed 10/22 though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
"Oh please oh please let someone make a 100 rd drum mag"

Mike Maguire at MMag was making these I believe.  I'm sure he will make them after the sunset, but now with all new parts I assume.  I think his web address is www.mmag.biz but the drums aren't on there.  He is a good guy.  Give him a call and ask him about it; also ask him how his treasure hunting is going.  BTW: he did the awesome suomi conversion drums a few years back but then stopped after a change in ATF regs.  I would have him do some suomi drums after the AWB sunsets but I'm gonna buy Beta now that they are going to be available.  Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone have any experience with copesdist.com?

I'm ready to order!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:39:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I was down and Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and they said soon after the sunset they will be stocking high-capacity 10/22 magazines.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
$19.99

I bought two of these, TOTAL PIECES OF SHIT.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$19.99

I just ordered two! Wish I'd read the entire thread!
Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$19.99

I just ordered two! Wish I'd read the entire thread!
Hessian-1out!

What the heck is a condor mag? I went to that site and ONLY see ramline and butler creek.
Why would you by an unknown when the butler creek is the same price?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Wholesale hunter seems to be getting back into the fray.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It would be great if they made a hi-cap that held the bolt open on the last shot... A good quality one.

The 10/22 system isn't designed to hold the bolt open.  There is at least one aftermarket system that will, but the design is patented and requires changing out several parts.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top