Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 5:09:53 PM EDT
Received upper. Too anxious to try it out. Hastily mounted available (red dot) scope. Swabbed bore with patch. Otherwise ignored stuff coating upper. Stuff is NOT a decent lube!  Lots of failures to feed and failures to fire. Returned home. Thoroughly cleaned upper. Back to range.  2 failures to feed with CCI Mini Mags. CCI Velocitors, Remington Golden Bullets, Wolf MT,  etc. functioned well (no failures). Accuracy looks promising (did not max out Black Death target, but maybe with better scope). Need to put some decent glass on it.

You really oughta get one of these!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Received upper. Too anxious to try it out. Hastily mounted available (red dot) scope. Swabbed bore with patch. Otherwise ignored stuff coating upper. Stuff is NOT a decent lube!  Lots of failures to feed and failures to fire. Returned home. Thoroughly cleaned upper. Back to range.  2 failures to feed with CCI Mini Mags. CCI Velocitors, Remington Golden Bullets, Wolf MT,  etc. functioned well (no failures). Accuracy looks promising (did not max out Black Death target, but maybe with better scope). Need to put some decent glass on it.

You really oughta get one of these!

How much and Where did ya get it?  And how about some pix!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Got it from J&G Sales. It is still on sale.

http://catalog.jgsales.com/index.php?itemnumber=7-1238
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
didnt see any mags listed on that page for the v-22 upper.  does it use those jw-15 mags it listed elsewhere on the page?  how much were the mags ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Upper comes with 1 10 round mag. Additional mags are $29.95.

use the search link at the top of the J&G page to find "v22" in descriptions.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
This afternoon, I found I could get it to "bump-fire" with Velocitors! Big fun! Attracted some attention at the range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
New Year's Day, I mounted an available (sub $200) 4-12x40 scope on it and shot a 5 round group at 72 yards (lasered) that measured 1.65" (outside edge to outside edge), with CCI Minimag HPs. I did not have time to test groups with different brands of ammo, but I believe that I can do better - perhaps with Wolf MT and perhaps after completing the break-in.

I plan on swapping out the scope for a better/stronger one, as time permits, and then trying for groups again.

It does not have a bull barrel, nor the associated weight; which makes it very pleasant to carry in the woods. This is a nice, accurate unit, but I do not expect it to give serious competition to a serious bench rifle.

BTW, no failures at all on this shooting session (and I still have yet to clean it!).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top