Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 5:28:07 PM EDT
Okay, I've pulled out all the internals of my charter arms AR-7, but how do I get the bolt assembly out of the tube? It's pretty gritty and nasty in there, and I need to clean it bad.
I don't have a manual for it, and I wonder if the bolt/firing pin assembly is even supposed to come out?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to take the whole thing apart. take the screw off first then the side plate, then very carfully take out the hammer and the charging knob. once you do this you can slide the bolt out. after this clean and lube it and put evrything back togheter like you took it apart. If this scares you just take a pic of it before disassmbly so you will remmember where everything goes. The AR7 was my first rifle and I still enjoy shooting it, She is 21 yrs old now and still shoots great.
         FREE

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I'm missing something, but now how do I get the charging knob out? Does it unscrew, or pop out when pulled hard enough?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It should pull out when in the forward position.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you gentlemen! My AR-7 thanks you too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top