Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2003 10:49:42 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to finally upgrade my 10/22.  I have decided to buy a Green Mountain barrel, as per Jim Dandy's advice, but I'm not sure whether I should buy the bull barrel 20", or go with the tapered Boar barrel style that they sell, in I think 24".  It seems pretty long, but they describe it as a hunting barrel, maximizing the .22lr.  

I want first and for most accuracy, followed by accuracy.  I do like compactness, but would go for the longer barrel if I would get the same accuracy, along with more velocity.  Opinions?
Thanks,
guns762
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the longer barrel.  24" seems a bit excessive for what you are looking for
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
.22lr reaches max velocity at 16".
Check this thread from RFC; Optimum barrel length?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top