Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2003 11:29:02 PM EDT
now I can never get the bolt to stay open.  It's a Volquartsen (sp?) automatic bolt release.  Is this how it's supposed to work?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It should hold the bolt when the the release is pushed up into it's proper lock position.  But should release when you pull the bolt back after you put in a new magazine.  Hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
how to make a auto bolt release from the stock piece -- grind down the small hook in the hole of the stock bolt release. DONE.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
mine didnt really work well either (also a VQ)
i didnt releasr on its own when i pulled it back. i had to push up on the catch again.

i just got an ironwood designs dual action lever though which i think is awesome.  it fixed the release prob, just pul back slightly and it snaps closed.  it also is THE BEST extended mag release lever on the market.  

check it out (scroll down)
www.ironwooddesigns.com/2Aprodpage/11022prod.html
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I modified my stock piece.  And it works great.  It's pretty easy.

Just check out rimfirecentral.com/forums and go to the tips section.  I believe the directions are there. If not,  do a search for bolt release.  The directions are on the site.  That's where I learned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top