Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2003 4:36:44 AM EDT
The bolt handle on my 10/22 is loose, I can wiggle it more than I should be able to.  How do I tighten it up?

Thanks,
J
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
can you clarify "wiggle"  which way does it move?

i would check to see if the guide rod is bent.  if it is, dont bother trying to bend it back...you wont, just get a new one they're cheap
try numrich's, while your at it get a magnum handle too.:)

also make sure the handle hasnt somehow wiggled off of the bolt, it should be seated on the bolt tightly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The bolt is not moving, the little handle that you use to pull the bolt back is.  I believe it's moving forward and back along the length of the gun, not very far, but I think it should be solid.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
yes it should be solid.

you'll have to get it apart to find out what is wrong.  but it sounds like the handle has come off of the bolt.

take the stock off, punch out the two pins holding the trigger assem. in, reomve the bolt buffer in back of rec., pull the bolt back all the way, flip the gun over, bolt should fall out. (might have to wiggle it a little)

im sure youll see whats wrong right away.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Go here www.rimfirecentral.com and ask your question in the "10/22 Action" board.  They'll figure it out in minutes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Take it apart as suggested. The bolt is attached to the guide rod. There should be a slight wiggle.

Replacing the bolt handle & guide rod is simple and cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top