Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 8:24:26 AM EDT
Hello.  I'm thinking I'd like to spend under $300 for a bolt action 22lr rifle.  I plan to plink with it and just have fun.

I looked at a Marlin, I can't recall the model number, but it had a tube magazine.  The only problem is apparently my cheeks are too big to get a decent cheek weld.  The comb got in the way.

I looked at a lever action, but it seemed awkward and it looked like it would be very hard to clean.

I'm not looking for a free floated barrel and a walnut stock.  That Marlin would've been fine if it weren't for the comb and it appeared there was no way of changing the stock.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Go for a CZ452, they make a model with a beach or birch stock for under 300.00. if I remember it's called the trainer or special.
Check there web site www.czusa.com. You get the most bang for the buck with a CZ. Far better than a Marlin ,Ruger etc. Do a 9.00 trigger job & you will have far more than a plinker.
Go over to rimfire central and read up a little.
Good luck
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
For just around $150, the Marlin 25N .22 is a great deal. Me and Sniper_Wolfe have one. I can get 1/2" 5 shot groups out of it at 50yrds. If you don't like the stock, you can change it. It has a 7 round magazine, not a tube mag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I will vote for the  Marlin 25N, good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I also like Marlin I picked up a 25MN a week or so ago and love it nice fun rifle to shoot once I got the scope set you can hit what every you aim at.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice, folks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]
CZ 452 Special.  Saw one for $195 at a store yesterday.  Has excellent iron sights, dead reliable feeding system, smooth bolt and high accuracy.  Nothing else comes close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top