Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2003 4:24:01 PM EDT
Anyone ever own a Henry survival rifle?
They used to be known as AR-7's. What is everyones opinion on reliability and accuracy.
Thanks

thedr
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an AR-7, very reliable, fairly accurate, about a 4" group at 50 yards, though you really should only use hard hitters, like stingers, or mini mags to cycle it properly. one other thing, the trigger is rough as pavement! very gritty, not a two stage for sure! but hey, its a rifle that collapses into the buttstock. I paid about 110$ for mine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Paid about $155 for it before tax.

Had problems feeding sometimes (every 20 rounds or so), Henry took it back to take a look at it (they paid for shipping both ways) but it still had the same problem.

It's a fun little rifle though, fairly accurate, and the whole thing (2 mags, barrel, receiver) fits in the buttstock! It gives ya a grin everytime you fire it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  Had some problems till I found the ammo it likes and it's run flawlessly since.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
heh... I just saw an old rerun of Walker, Texas Ranger.  Apparently, if you take a modified AR-7 (skeletonized, collapsible buttstock, scope, and suppressor) it serves as a sniper rifle where you can shoot about two or three hundred yards and kill targets behind glass with one shot.

But it is a fun little rifle though... everyone wants to shoot it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top