Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 3:21:04 PM EDT
Looking to changeover a factory unit--std. walnut stock and factory barrel to make a lightweight squirrel gun.

Anyone have experience with the carbon barrels and plastic stocks to reduce weight?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I second the Hogue stock. Mine feels lighter, has a better grip, and allows for better eye-scope alignment.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I reconfigured a 10/22 for my two sons to shoot. I tried to go the cheap route. I bought a factory walnut stock for $15 and a Butler Creek non-ported 17 inch carbon fiber barrel. Yeah, I know some of the rap on these barrels, but it only cost me $95. I ended up chopping off some of the fore-end and a few inches of buttstock. I freefloated the barrel and used a Volsquarten aluminum pillar at the takedown screw. I threw a BSA red dot on it, and its shoots great. I have some pistols that weigh more than this little gem.

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I went the lightweight route on one of my 10/22's. I don't have a scale, but it's the lightest I've felt.
Stock Receiver
Magnum Research CF Barrel
Bell & Carlson thumbhole stock
Power Custom Aluminum scope base
Leupold QRW Rings
Redfield scope

This is the gun I take squirrel hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top