Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 2:50:26 PM EDT
well. stumbled into an unexpected and somewhat of an impulse buy today at an out of town gun shop. preban feather at-22 with box, factory scope mounts, add on compact scope, instruction manual, accesories prices list from 1992, five NIW twenty rounders, and one used twenty. gun is in pristine shape and i cant imagine it had been fired more than a few times. 399.99. that's about the same as retail on the post bans with no extras.

i think the collapsable stock is what may have sucked me in. i've been looking for a nice take down pack gun and already have a marlin papoose. marlin is good, but no collapse stocks or hi caps. got rid of a 10/22 because it was too big and bulky and i didn't like the bolt hold back system. the feather seems to address all of those issues. too bad it isn't staninless though. plus is unique in it's own right. so completely black and funky looking. and is well made from what i can see. fit and finish. threading. mag construction. all of it is pretty slick. more plastic than i'd have expected, but seems to be of good quality. also representative of the polymer craze at the time, i guess.

there doesn't seem to be a ton of info on the web or otherwise, but it looks as if the current production by www.featherusa.com is similar if not identical (the rav 22 model) and i'm thinking spare parts will be readily available. and i could even get barrell shroud, fore grip, sling, etc. this is the gun i should have had when i was 12!

hopefully it will shoot well. if not, i'll be kind of pissed. may take it out tomorrow or sometime next week after i give it a good cleaning and inspection. either way, i'd defintiely be intrested in hearing from any other feather owners.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
alot of guys have reported problems with these. if i were you i would stick to good ammo (the brass plated type, not the cheap lead slugs) and inspect the workings time to time.

good luck
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has never been finicky, eats about whatever I feed it.

Word to the wise - don't remove the trigger group from the main tube, it is one of the most difficult firearms to re-assemble ever invented.  A total nightmare.

Accuracy is noteworthy.  

I have enjoyed mine to no end.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine has never been finicky, eats about whatever I feed it.

Word to the wise - don't remove the trigger group from the main tube, it is one of the most difficult firearms to re-assemble ever invented.  A total nightmare.

Accuracy is noteworthy.  

I have enjoyed mine to no end.  

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to have both the AT-22 w/ wood furniture and the pistol version as well. neat little guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top