Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2003 3:33:10 PM EDT
Do you guys use grease on your bolt action .22's? If so, where?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
nope, jus light CLP. tried grease on an AR bolt, i didnt like it, to clumped up and stuff, i clean my rifles pretty often , so i jus use light CLP and it makes cleaning easier with out gumming up stuff.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
CLP is great for cleaning, but I prefer RemOil for the internals. CLP tends to go on thick and gum up the works. Anhydrous graphite works well for a dry lube.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Prestone makes a silicone lubricant that I use on my Glocks, XD, 10/22 and AR. This stuff lubes well without attracting trash. Cheap too:)
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I use benchwood casey moly lube. Ive found that grease and oil tend to atract to much dirt and dust, thus making the gun jam. Try it , I think you will be plesently surprised.
P.S.
this stuff looks like grey paint when you put it on, and that film tends to make the gun jam a little. cycle it about 20 times with your hans before you shoot and it shouldnt jam at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top