Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2003 3:14:17 PM EDT
I remember seeing these things and remember they were admn good rifles. I was suposed to order one but then had a death in the family and was distracted for a few weeks. By the time i remembered southern ohio guns was sold out. Does anyone have a clue as to where i can locate one of these rifles so i can have it shipped to my ffl
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy,  

If I remember correctly, the trainers were available for just around $100 at the Turner's Outdoorsman and also at Big 5 sporting goods in California and Arizona.  At the time, a new in box CZ452 LUX was $189.  The guy at turners had me look real careful at the import trainer's bore and general condition and for a bit more money, a brand new rifle quickly became a no-brainer.  Look closely at how hard it might be to get scope mounts for the trainer. If I recall, the bolt opened straight up like the old Savage/Stevens.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine from Wholesale guns and ammo (they are somewhere in new york. I saw an ad in the shotgun news. Also Dunhams Has them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked one up at Dunhams Sporting Goods in MI about a year ago.  I got it when it was on sale for $39.99.

It was full of cosmoline which took forever to clean out.  I ended up putting the bolt and trigger group in an ultra sonic cleaning tank at work to loosen some of it up.  

The gun is real accurate, but mine has a problem with the fired case falling out from behind the extractor about half way out of the chamber.  I tried "tightening" the extractor but it appears to be to worn for adjustment.  I have tried to locate a replacement but no joy yet.

I like the gun, it shoots great but I am not to crazy about it being basically a single shot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The gun is real accurate, but mine has a problem with the fired case falling out from behind the extractor about half way out of the chamber.  I tried "tightening" the extractor but it appears to be to worn for adjustment.  I have tried to locate a replacement but no joy yet.

I like the gun, it shoots great but I am not to crazy about it being basically a single shot.

I have the exact same problem. Parts seem to be non-existant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top