Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 9:30:07 AM EDT
welp i thought i would post this..jus FYI..i replaced my 18" butler creek carbon barrel with an 18" heavy match Adams and Bennet flutted barrel..well i must say right out of the box, it was extreme tight fit to my reciever. Once at the range the gun shot very well. At 50yards i was gettin consistant nickle size groups (couple were out, but that was me) it was so consistant i thought i was missing cause i could only see 1 hole on the target, found out it was jus that accurate, the barrel never got warm, even with rapid fire..other than being heavy (what ya expect with heavy match). it was very good barrel. the only odd thing that was goin on was , i tried shootin sum Clear Butler creek 30 round mags. it didnt like those too much..i was gettin serious "Stove piping" . dunno why..but the factory 10 rounders went flawless, even during rapid fire..i shoot all kinds of rounds out of this barrel, Standard VEl, HI-VEl, SS, the SS werent that OFF at 50 yards by bout 1/2" , i was surprised, i had major drop when i had carbon barrel..next time ill post pics of my groups,,i was very happy with the barrel,, ALso when i came home to clean 10/22, i ran a patch with bore solvent and a couple patches with CLP and a couple that were dry and it came clean pretty easily. welp that is my story and im sticking to it..lol. peace. *edit* to add, also , the price of the barrel was super cheap as far as i was concerned, i got it for like 110bux..
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you remove the bbl from the action to clean it or do you clean in from the muzzle?
I've taken to removing mine because thouroughly cleaning the chamber is damn near impossible when the bbl is still attached to the receiver.
Granted I only clean it once every blue moon...so its not a big deal.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
i usually jus clean from the muzzle side. and im carefull not to ram the cleaning rod into the bolt, once the rod is out, i pull the patch out and then pull rod back out..(not suppose to run patch back the way it came.) . so, i havent taken it apart yet, and i anticipate having to goto gunsmith to get barrel off..but not too worried right now..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top