Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 8:36:20 PM EDT

I got my AR-7, and decided to take it out for a spin. I figured since I was taking it, I would take my Glenfield Model 60 (the one my Mom gave me last year, that my parents gave me when I was a little kid) and my 10/22 (Kmart, 1980's, $70 IIRC).

Damn I had fun!!!

The Glenfield, having so much sentiment was the first to be shot. I havent shot in maybe 30 years. It was stored clean and lubed, I ran thru it with CLP and was off. First mag was ~1" @50 yards, iron sights. That was enough to make me smile REAL big, I wrapped her back up and put her away.

Then my virginal AR-7. It functions well, groups ok (2") and shot both types of ammo I shot thru it. (CCI Mini Mag & Remington Golden) No FTF or FTE, smooth as silk, a little jerky on the fire, I think it is a weight issue. It has a plastic barrel with a steel sleeve insert.

Last was my 10/22. All my life I have never bought a loader for it. I had a bag of 30 round mags. Wish my cheap ass had bought that loader! It shot as well as it ever did, although the iron sights are off, and I couldnt get them in. The range was getting ready to close, and I had the "Time for dinner!" phone call.

I did get to sneak in a few quick shots on the NAA mini 22LR, its a lot of fun too!

Super Colibri (20 grains) was damn quiet thru the 10/22, failry quiet in the NAA even.

Its been a long time since i have shot my 22's, and with squirrel hunting illegal here, it may be awhile longer, but it sure was fun today!  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Fun.... and CHEAP to shoot.

Usually when I take the .22s, that is all I take.  I can spend all day at the range for under $20.00 in ammo and shoot so much I get bored.

Compare that to ~$3.00 per mag on the AR15...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my .22. No recoil, cheap, little noise. Just pure fun.

A local sporting goods store here in Iowa was selling Federal 500 rd bulk packs for $5 a piece. Fun stuff.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
.22 is by far the best bang for the buck, snd the fun factor is through the roof. Welcome back to the fold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top