Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2003 1:07:16 PM EDT
tryin to find the Aguila barrel specifically for the SSS bullets..Natchez is sold out of the 18" and i cant find any other source..any help is appreciated. thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Randy at CPC can make you one if you're just bound and determined on using that dirty shit. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
well, it seems to be the only subsonic that seems to be workin, i seen where , i think remington has sum, but sumone said it isnt any quieter than standard velocity..but hey , im more than open for suggestions..if there is sumthing betta out there, lemme know,,i really dont know..thanks for link though. lol.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a suppressor. That's "betta." If it's internally ported, no need for subsonic crap. Just wasting money.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
okay.........few problems...where i live there hasnt been one single case of an individual able to get CLEO or DA or judge to sign Form 4, ive looked into CO-OP but dont have enough info to know weather or not i could deal with all that and what is involved on a yearly basis..so i figured this was the closest i could get..
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]

ive looked into CO-OP

I assume you mean to INCORPORATE. Sounds like you need to research it on Subguns before jumping to conclusions here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Remington is quieter than standard velocity, and will reliably cycle the action of a 10/22.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Remington is quieter than standard velocity, and will reliably cycle the action of a 10/22.

Not really. The sound signature is the same out of my AAC Phoenix MKII, but don't take my word for it. Someone posted on Subguns a couple of months ago the results of their chronograph and sound tests. Remington subsonic came up SHORT. It went supersonic in rifles and its sound signature was sometimes the same or greater than standard velocity. Don't believe me? Post a query over there, someone will cough up the data.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not really. The sound signature is the same out of my AAC Phoenix MKII, but don't take my word for it. Someone posted on Subguns a couple of months ago the results of their chronograph and sound tests. Remington subsonic came up SHORT. It went supersonic in rifles and its sound signature was sometimes the same or greater than standard velocity. Don't believe me? Post a query over there, someone will cough up the data.

I'm not trying to be arguementative....but from my 10/22 and 22/45 Remington Subsonic is significantly quieter than any Standard velocity load I have tried.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm not trying to be arguementative....but from my 10/22 and 22/45 Remington Subsonic is significantly quieter than any Standard velocity load I have tried.

Data, please.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Remington is noticably quieter in both my 69a bolt action .22 and Ruger 10/22.

Also it cycles the action.

Not to argue with Jim Dandy.

However, like any firearm (that I've experienced in a side by side comparison), the closed action (bolt action) is quieter than the open action (semi auto).
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
*update* lol,,i decided to get a "normal" barrel, i got a 18" adams and bennet flutted bull barrel. i havent shot it yet so dunno. also i picked up sum SS ammo to try in a 1 in 14 twist..the test subjects are:
Aguila 40gr
eley 40gr
Pmc moderator
rem 36gr
RWS 40grHP
Lapua 38gr HP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top