Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2003 12:55:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought three of them, I have only heard good things about them, but have not used them yet, will probably go to the range sometime this week to use them... Tell you then
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been told Condor makes pretty good mags.

Why dont they work, specifically?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
 Condors were among the very first Hi cap mags for the 10/22....these babies are ancient...I was under the impression that due to the easily obtainable and much cheaper plastic mags that came along after the initial success of the Condor that they (Condor)went out of business.  This is conjecture on my part...I really don't know that part of the story.
 What I DO know is that Condors originally came with instructions on how to "tune" your action in your 10/22 so that the magazines would work better.  I.E.instructions on how to "slick up" the action to make it run fast enough to overcome the mag spring pressure on all of the rounds in the mag.  Remember, this was at the very beginning of the "after market" hi cap craze for the 10/22.
 I would bet that if you polished up all of the operating surfaces of the firing mechanism and made sure the integral feed ramp in the mag is nice and smooth and used a good slick' em up lube on the gun.....those ol' Condor's just might work.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Range report on my condor mag. After  one trip to the range and three different types of ammo in the three mags, all had several failure to feed.. I hope this helps..
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Condor mags have always had FTF problems; Butler Creek steel lips are the only way to go.

The best way to find them is to do a search for them on eBay.

THISISME
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had ANY luck with high capacity 10/22 mags.  I bought a Condor.  Sturdy mag with steel lips....but made my 10/22 a jammomatic....so I offed it.  Got a Butler Creek 25 rounder (hot lips).  Damn mag cracked and then shattered after 2 months (and I never dropped it or smashed it...I take good care of my sheet)!  I still have the pieces but I don't know if it even worth it to try and get Butler Creek to replace or not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have several Condors, and they always work fine. I have had them since the early '80's though, so there might be a difference with the newer ones, but I don't know why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top