Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2022 1:29:30 PM EDT
Anyone gotten hands on? I didn't like my Tacos grabbing on to stuff. These look like a better option.

However, the pricing is a big harsh.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/06/03/urban-assault-pouches/
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using Esstac Kiwis for about 7 years now and won't ever bother trying anything else, especially not if bungee cord is involved at all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I like wilder tactical for some stuff. Mag pouches are not one of them. Esstac is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Used kywis, didn't quite work that well.

Pouch needs to be fairly universal (1911/sig/Glock/2011).
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m not a fan of any pouches with bungee like this for retention as they snag on everything in my case.  I’ve also had issue with barrel locks loosening up on pouches. They seem to work ok on apparel.  It may be limited to my use. I use this daily for work and am very hard on gear.

I do use traditional bungee single rifle mag shingles from TYR in  some cases with good luck. I tend to remove the bungee retainers for any mag pouches that also have kydex retainers
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW- I'm geuinely impressed with the mag holders/placards custom made by Defense Mechanisms. I'm also not a fan of having little bungees on top of mags. The retention built into most all new mag holders is superior by far.

Their placard system can be totally customized with different components. I got a 3 Mag Placard for my Lightweight Rig and a 4 Mag Placard for the Heavy one. What color are you looking to go with? If Coyote/Tan I got you.

Defense Mechanisms
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top