Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2022 2:00:47 PM EDT
I have had an old ACH lying around for a long time. A friend who does these sorts of things is going to modify it to a high-cut for me. I want to add rails and ears to it. I will eventually get some night vision, but I am in no rush.

As for rails, what do you guys recommend? Same for ears to attach to the rails--recommendations? Budget wise, I would LIKE to keep it around $200 for rails and ears, but if I need to spend more to make it work right, I obviously will.

I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Ops-Core ARC rails, Peltor arc rail mounts, and Howard leight ears should have you around the $200 mark.  That's about the least expensive combo you can get if you want rail mounted ears.  Keep in mind you'll have to irreparably modify the ears (cutting the headband) but its a tried and true setup.

If that pushes the budget too much, you can always get Chinese knockoff parts off amazon but obviously, the quality won't be there.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go AliExpress $30 AMP Arms (since you have a $200 max - the real ones are $80 with coupon code) with Axl RAC Link Adapters for Howard Leights. I've got 2 sets of Gentex AMP Arms, and 3 sets of clone arms - they both work great and haven't broken.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate it you guys. I have a set of Howard Leights I already use, so that's very helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top