Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2022 7:27:54 PM EDT
I'm having trouble finding any information on this company.  They seem to be one of the few companies that make products in a variety of patterns and not just multicam.  Are their products airsoft quality or the real deal?  Has anyone used their stuff before?  

Link to their site
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several of their pouches, etc. They're as good of quality as all my other gear. I'm happy with their stuff.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are their products airsoft quality or the real deal?
View Quote
I'd say sort of in between.  Made in Asia, but the gear is real cordura and all that, decently made.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few pieces of theirs. A dangler pouch, a hydration carrier, maybe one other.
It seems decent enough, single layer construction in most places, stitching seems competent and durable.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Would you guys say its equal to Tactical Tailor or Grey Ghost Gear?  I have stuff from both of them that has held up really well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you guys say its equal to Tactical Tailor or Grey Ghost Gear?  I have stuff from both of them that has held up really well.
View Quote

Most of GGG's nylon stuff is OEM'd by TT.

I have OPS/Ur-tactical pouches that I've used for quite a few years daily and it's held up similar to my other US made gear. It's US materials but made overseas as someone already mentioned. However, the quality is definitely there and close to TT.

You'll be good to go
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
For the price its hard to beat. I have quite a bit of their stuff.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
i have their combat pants.

honestly theyre amazing. every bit as good as crye from my experience. the build quality was extremely surprising.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i have their combat pants.

honestly theyre amazing. every bit as good as crye from my experience. the build quality was extremely surprising.
View Quote

How are they cut? Like Skinny Jeans or do they have a Crye style cut to them?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are cut Crye style,I like my set for the money and Crye does not make certain came patterns.Though I feel the Cryes have a little bit better ventilation and are slightly lighter,though The UR pants are great for Walking in thick brush because they are built thicker than the Crye G3s I own.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m curious, am looking for a new chest rig, and like the overall concept so I ordered one. US Fabric is a major plus, and it's from Hong Kong, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it has good professional level properties. I can give a first impressions in a couple weeks and a more in depth pro-use review in a month or so.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Just a side note, all of the stuff I have from them is good under night vision as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a set also!  They're amazing.

I love my ur tactical pants almost more than my G3's

INCREDIBLY DURABLE
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a helmet cover from them, the camouflage portion works great under night vision, but the exposed velcro glowed. I cut off all the extra velcro with a seam ripper, and just left the back portion to hold a counterweight. I'm happy with it
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a helmet cover from them, the camouflage portion works great under night vision, but the exposed velcro glowed. I cut off all the extra velcro with a seam ripper, and just left the back portion to hold a counterweight. I'm happy with it
View Quote

What color Velcro? I have their battery/counter weight attachment and several pouches and none of the velcro causes issues.

On and off note I did buy a cheap hydration carrier from amazon for fun in "Ranger" green and boy did that thing light up!!!!  It is not spray painted and stuck in the extras bin.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#15]
The velcro was green
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 4:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Got mine today!

Placeholder post while I do a write up of initial thoughts.

BLUF: I’m overall impressed. this thing is actually pretty well made. I’ll go into a couple minor mods I’m gonna make before I use this operationally in my longer review (W PIX). Long and the short of it, I expected airsoft quality (or worse). My initial impressions though are that it’s a well built, pretty well designed chest rig made out of quality materials. On par with my US made gear.

Don’t know when my next range/ field problem is gonna be, so it’s gonna be a little while for the full on live review.

Attachment Attached File

Also

Fuck China.

#freehongkong ????
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice! I really think these guys are hidden gem in the gear world only a few know about.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Review time!
(bear with me.... I recently flew too close to the sun on imgur so I've got to work within arf's limitations)

demoMouse's Review of the UR Tactical Enhanced Combat Chest Rig (Multicam)

As mentioned above, this is a pro's initial look at the UR Tactical Enhanced Combat Chest Rig in Multicam. Initially looking over this chest rig, I'm impressed. This chest rig puts a lot of great features into an affordable package. I hold my breath for anything Chinese, though I am always more confident if the company is in Hong Kong or Taiwan (Taiwan is not China). For those unfamiliar, Hong Kong is the home of several of the biggest names in Airsoft, and their build quality in general across pretty much all products is much higher than your typical Chinese products.

TL;DR Version:
This is a bit more of a patrolling chest rig than the currently trendy 3 or 4 mag ones. It's designed to hold up to 8 mags, tools, general mission stuff. I have a setup for low vis stuff that isn't at all a chest rig, and a setup for urban Direct Action, which isn't at all a chest rig. For a chest rig, I'm looking at hot environments, and more of a Vietnam War style engagement where there's no chance in hell I'm wearing a PC, or I'm doing recon... which is all sorts of its own challenges and issues. I'm definitely not wearing a PC during a recon, where you're moving under extreme loads, and have to be able to abide by the "Quiet as a mouse then fight like a tiger" school, so the 3 mag shingles ain't gonna cut it. Also ditching/ destroying rucks is always in the cards, so on my person I must have the ability to shoot, move, communicate, medicate, and this chest rig delivers.

Pros:
+ Capacity - This chest rig carries a full combat load
+ and has multiple general storage pockets/pouches
+ It is very light weight, especially considering what it does
+ build quality is very good.
+ US fabrics
+ Utility pouch fields will accommodate other velcro backed GP pouches

Cons:
- I intend on doing a couple mods before I use this operationally
- shoulder straps are pretty long on us shorter guys. Very much rides just above my waist, and not gonna be getting it up to my chest
- No quick release on the rear waist-band (see mods)

Outstanding Questions (I intend to assess these but haven't yet):
? not convinced the internal pockets are going to accommodate a PRC-152
? Shoulder cross strap questions, I'm wondering if it will hold while rucking
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#19]
TL;DR Review begins here:

Attachment Attached File

UR Tactical Enhanced Combat Chest Rig

Layout:
1. Double 5.56 Mag pouch
2. Small Utility Pouch
3. General purpose pouch (zipper closure, velcro backed, quick release buckle secondary attachment to the rig itself)
4. Internal mesh radio pocket w shock cord retention
5. internal mesh admin pocket w full length velcro closure
6. H-Harness suspenders

Attachment Attached File

Reverse view of the H Harness with one internal radio pouch and center admin pouch visible

Materials: UR Tactical advertises that this chest rig is made of 500D nylon, US Made Multicam fabric. It is consistent with the current SOCOM SPEAR gear issue of lighter fabrics than the 1000D Nylon of the early/mid GWOT. 500D nylon is much lighter than 1000D, and is pretty impressively durable as well. Comparing this fabric with SPEAR gear, I can't find a difference. As far as I can tell this is made of genuine Multicam fabrics. If it's counterfeit, it's the best counterfeit material I've ever seen. You can see where they made cost saving decisions in the rig at other various points. The buckles have that telltale airsoft sheen, however they're very sturdy and thick, and click securely into place with little play. From experience, that sheen also dulls up pretty quick with use. The shoulder straps are pretty thinly padded, which isn't really an issue for me, I prefer thinner straps. The body-contact surfaces have no friction/grippy coatings found on several US made rigs, but that's in no way shape or form a deal breaker for me. I don't have any doubts about the materials holding up.

Construction: The stitching on this chest rig is really clean. not a stray thread or edge fray to be found. All edges are tucked under and the important load bearing stitches are double stitched, with the pull tabs incorporating both double stitching and box stitching. Is it a Parachute? no. Is it well built? Yes. If you're down in the Blackhawk (ca CAWWWW!) or BDS end of the price spectrum, just buy one of these, the build quality is much much better. if you're at the Voodoo Tactical end, consider this for your next upgrade. All velcro is box-stitched, and all shock cord is fused at the end; both usually details that get left behind in terms of affordability, but are present here. The build quality of this chest rig is very good.

Attachment Attached File

Stitching is precise and reinforced where it needs to be. Every velcro field is double stitched around the edges, and box stitched in the center, as are high-stress areas.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Function: The magazine pouches are fully enclosed, with elastic retainers holding the mags snug. They are velcro closing, which is fine because when you're reloading, you've already gone loud anyway, and the rip of velcro can't really compete with gunfire. This is pretty consistent with the industry standard currently. The rest of the pouches are pretty standard zipper or velcro closed. The two small pouches are sized that they can hold a flashlight, leatherman, or large pistol magazines. The center mesh pouch is perfectly sized for smart cards and a notebook (no pen pockets, sorry man). The large GP Pouches are pretty standard sized, and include a thicccc elastic band for holding stuff still. They also have a shock cord retention on top that I assume is for tourniquets, but play with it as you will. This pouch can be used as a general purpose (I'm fully planning on storing my NODs in one) pouch, or as an IFAK. OR You can just remove one or both and swap them for any other velcro backed GP/IFAK pouch out there if you want a different elastic configuration or something.
Attachment Attached File
  Attachment Attached File
 Attachment Attached File

The shoulder straps are pretty wide, and are stitched so that the padding is separated into a few different cells to prevent shifting along the length of the straps. They are H-Harness configuration with a velcro strap adjusting the harness for scapula width. That harness is a source of question for me. I'll have to ruck with it to see if it's going to open up under heavy load in the back. For use for humans who don't do stupid shit like walk around with a gigantic ruck on their back, it will work fine; the velcro is 1.5" wide and high quality (All double stitched around the edges and box stitched in the center).
Attachment Attached File

The running end of each strap includes an incorporated velcro keeper to very neatly manage any excess webbing. The straps themselves are really long. I like to wear my chest rig up high, and that's probably not going to happen with this. I'm on the shorter end of average, with a really broad back and deep chest, and still had to cinch all the excess out of the backstraps. Guys below 5'9 are going to have to be ok with wearing this around lower rib cage level (just under my pecs), and not any higher. Tall dudes will be able to wear this around their waists or as a combat sports bra without issue.
Attachment Attached File

Donning/Doffing - The Enhanced Combat Chest Rig incorporates a pretty clever front opening system that actually really maintains economy of space. I've had several front opening chest rigs with buckles and whatnot that are irritating to use when your front is crammed with stuff, or they waste space and drive your stuff out to the sides because of a 3-4" dead zone in the center. The ECCR opens and closes more in a fashion you'd see with a cummerbunded plate carrier. Pull the tab below the leftmost magazine pouch and lift to pull the whole mag pouch and small utility pouch out of the way exposing he velcro closure underneath. Pull the tab on the velcro closure, and the whole chest rig opens up.
Attachment Attached File
 Attachment Attached File

Images from UR Tactical's site. I tired to take some but they turned out poorly

This closure system allows the load on the front of the rig to be positioned very efficiently across the front. It works awesome, and even includes a tuck flap to prevent velcro from rubbing on your belly. My only concern with it though is always "how will it work when I have to drop a deuce in the patrol base at night?" The answer to that is "LOUD." This wouldn't be an issue if the waist band had a quick release buckle to provide an alternate rear-don/doff option. This isn't gonna be an issue for 99% of people out there, and I intend to resolve it by modding the waist band with a quick release.

There are two more velcro related mods I intend to make to the ECCR before I use it:
1. The Small Utility Pouches have velcro closure as well as a quick releas buckle. I'm going to remove the hook portion of the velcro to cut down on noise and just go with the buckle. I'm keeping a leatherman, and a flashlight in there, so we get back to the "How loud is this in a security halt or in the patrol base?" aspect and that's just much too loud for me.
Attachment Attached File

2. Same goes for the Additional velcro closure securing the General Purpose pouch (attaches the pouch to the rig itself/). This one I assume is there to make extra sure you don't lose a pouch with something like NODs in it. I'll assume the risk and just 550 cord the pouch to the chest rig since it's held on by a full back velcro panel and a quick release buckle strap.

Attachment Attached File

Conclusion: Upon first inspection, the UR Tactical Enhanced Combat Chest Rig not only met, but exceeded my expectations. It is a really well put together chest rig that I'd surely recommend to a friend for real world operational use. There are some mods I intend to make for my little niche of the military, however I'm not anticipating more than 20-30 minutes with a stitch ripper for the project in entirety. The materials are first rate, with cost savings in the right places so as to not compromise the chest rig's integrity. This chest rig is definitely on par with most of my US, Brit, and Australian made gear and I'm really eyeing some of their tactical pants. I'm looking forward to getting out and answering my questions from my first post, but overall, this gets a thumbs up, and definitely gets a place in my kit bag.

Again:

Fuck China, Free Hong Kong
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]
That's a great write up, makes me want to ad the stuff I got from them and make this the official UR thread!
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They are cut Crye style,I like my set for the money and Crye does not make certain came patterns.Though I feel the Cryes have a little bit better ventilation and are slightly lighter,though The UR pants are great for Walking in thick brush because they are built thicker than the Crye G3s I own.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between their different pants models. They all use stretch fabric it seems like G4s?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a pair of their combat pants. They are nice and made with US materials. Guessing the cost of Crye vs UR is labor in Hong Kong vs Brooklyn.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between their different pants models. They all use stretch fabric it seems like G4s?
View Quote

The Crye Precision pants I feel are little lighter weight on the Cordura side than compared to the UR Tactical ones. The Crye Precision ones definitely have more Stretch material though than the UR ones. So I guess it comes down to wether you want more lightweight and more features or just want a good combat uniform for all around use that is cheaper than the Crye Precision. Me personally I appreciate having the UR ones be thicker material when I am walking around in the woods and thorns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Crye Precision pants I feel are little lighter weight on the Cordura side than compared to the UR Tactical ones. The Crye Precision ones definitely have more Stretch material though than the UR ones. So I guess it comes down to wether you want more lightweight and more features or just want a good combat uniform for all around use that is cheaper than the Crye Precision. Me personally I appreciate having the UR ones be thicker material when I am walking around in the woods and thorns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which models of their do you have?
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a pair of their combat pants. They are nice and made with US materials. Guessing the cost of Crye vs UR is labor in Hong Kong vs Brooklyn.
View Quote

Quality of Crye is very good. Cost of Crye though is predominantly the name and prestige associated with it. They used to cost FAR less. They know that money isn't really much of an object for big daddy JSOC, and that the private market will pay as well to be able to swing that JSOC flex.
I've got a pair of VERY similar pants (pockets are different dimensions, but that's about it) made by the Australian company Platatac out of genuine Multicam fabric,, complete with kneepad slots and stretch panels. For $150ish less than Cryes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#27]
@demoMouse

Would the side GP pouches hold a GI 1qt canteen?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Which models of their do you have?
View Quote

The G2 Direct action pants and G3 combat shirt,both in Ataics IX.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

They should be the same weight of fabric. If it is authentic Crye patterns, they can only come from one of two Crye approved mfg ( one in US, and the other in Asia- both are under Crye ( or their designated material distributors) QC. I forget the the weight ( Oz per SQY) but they are identical for country of origin. Even more so when they have to  meet Invista’s ( Cordura , NYCO, NYCO extreme) specs.

The solid colors will feel heavier as they are Poly cotton
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Function: The magazine pouches are fully enclosed, with elastic retainers holding the mags snug. They are velcro closing, which is fine because when you're reloading, you've already gone loud anyway, and the rip of velcro can't really compete with gunfire. This is pretty consistent with the industry standard currently. The rest of the pouches are pretty standard zipper or velcro closed. The two small pouches are sized that they can hold a flashlight, leatherman, or large pistol magazines. The center mesh pouch is perfectly sized for smart cards and a notebook (no pen pockets, sorry man). The large GP Pouches are pretty standard sized, and include a thicccc elastic band for holding stuff still. They also have a shock cord retention on top that I assume is for tourniquets, but play with it as you will. This pouch can be used as a general purpose (I'm fully planning on storing my NODs in one) pouch, or as an IFAK. OR You can just remove one or both and swap them for any other velcro backed GP/IFAK pouch out there if you want a different elastic configuration or something.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8119_jpg-2509513.JPG   https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8120_jpg-2509514.JPG  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8118_jpg-2509516.JPG

The shoulder straps are pretty wide, and are stitched so that the padding is separated into a few different cells to prevent shifting along the length of the straps. They are H-Harness configuration with a velcro strap adjusting the harness for scapula width. That harness is a source of question for me. I'll have to ruck with it to see if it's going to open up under heavy load in the back. For use for humans who don't do stupid shit like walk around with a gigantic ruck on their back, it will work fine; the velcro is 1.5" wide and high quality (All double stitched around the edges and box stitched in the center).
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8113_jpg-2509505.JPG

The running end of each strap includes an incorporated velcro keeper to very neatly manage any excess webbing. The straps themselves are really long. I like to wear my chest rig up high, and that's probably not going to happen with this. I'm on the shorter end of average, with a really broad back and deep chest, and still had to cinch all the excess out of the backstraps. Guys below 5'9 are going to have to be ok with wearing this around lower rib cage level (just under my pecs), and not any higher. Tall dudes will be able to wear this around their waists or as a combat sports bra without issue.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8114_jpg-2509521.JPG

Donning/Doffing - The Enhanced Combat Chest Rig incorporates a pretty clever front opening system that actually really maintains economy of space. I've had several front opening chest rigs with buckles and whatnot that are irritating to use when your front is crammed with stuff, or they waste space and drive your stuff out to the sides because of a 3-4" dead zone in the center. The ECCR opens and closes more in a fashion you'd see with a cummerbunded plate carrier. Pull the tab below the leftmost magazine pouch and lift to pull the whole mag pouch and small utility pouch out of the way exposing he velcro closure underneath. Pull the tab on the velcro closure, and the whole chest rig opens up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/Untitled_jpg-2509497.JPG  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/Untitled1_jpg-2509498.JPG
Images from UR Tactical's site. I tired to take some but they turned out poorly

This closure system allows the load on the front of the rig to be positioned very efficiently across the front. It works awesome, and even includes a tuck flap to prevent velcro from rubbing on your belly. My only concern with it though is always "how will it work when I have to drop a deuce in the patrol base at night?" The answer to that is "LOUD." This wouldn't be an issue if the waist band had a quick release buckle to provide an alternate rear-don/doff option. This isn't gonna be an issue for 99% of people out there, and I intend to resolve it by modding the waist band with a quick release.

There are two more velcro related mods I intend to make to the ECCR before I use it:
1. The Small Utility Pouches have velcro closure as well as a quick releas buckle. I'm going to remove the hook portion of the velcro to cut down on noise and just go with the buckle. I'm keeping a leatherman, and a flashlight in there, so we get back to the "How loud is this in a security halt or in the patrol base?" aspect and that's just much too loud for me.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8126_JPG-2509512.JPG

2. Same goes for the Additional velcro closure securing the General Purpose pouch (attaches the pouch to the rig itself/). This one I assume is there to make extra sure you don't lose a pouch with something like NODs in it. I'll assume the risk and just 550 cord the pouch to the chest rig since it's held on by a full back velcro panel and a quick release buckle strap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427499/IMG_8125_JPG-2509511.JPG

Conclusion: Upon first inspection, the UR Tactical Enhanced Combat Chest Rig not only met, but exceeded my expectations. It is a really well put together chest rig that I'd surely recommend to a friend for real world operational use. There are some mods I intend to make for my little niche of the military, however I'm not anticipating more than 20-30 minutes with a stitch ripper for the project in entirety. The materials are first rate, with cost savings in the right places so as to not compromise the chest rig's integrity. This chest rig is definitely on par with most of my US, Brit, and Australian made gear and I'm really eyeing some of their tactical pants. I'm looking forward to getting out and answering my questions from my first post, but overall, this gets a thumbs up, and definitely gets a place in my kit bag.

Again:

Fuck China, Free Hong Kong
View Quote

Hows the IR reflectivity?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. What's the difference between the direct action and the OPS? On the DA they list half zippers which I'm assuming is on the lower legs? I wear apecs trousers 9 months of the year but have been looking for something non gortex for the middle of the summer. The direct action seem similar in function and have big side pockets where I can stick everything I normally put in the apecs pouches.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hows the IR reflectivity?
View Quote

Everything I have from them is GTG. Granted I only have gear and no clothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top