Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 7:37:05 PM EDT
I have a Glock 17.5 MOS with an Aimpoint ACRO and a Surefire XVL2 light/laser.  I need a holster to fit it.  Surefire has a video for the XVL2 where they show a Glock 17 with an ACRO and an XVL2 being put in a Safariland holster.  The problem is I can't figure out what holster model it is.

As far as I can tell ARFCOM still doesn't support hotlinking to a specific time in a Youtube video.  The holster demonstration starts at about 2:50.

Neither Safariland's holster finder nor their holster list show a model that fits both the Glock 17 with an ACRO and XVL2.  Either it's the 8329-series that lists the XVL2 as compatible but not the ACRO, or the 8327-series that lists the ACRO as compatible but not the XVL2.  The 8329's listed compatible optics are ones which have a higher lens in the front and then a much lower rear part of the optic, instead of the more boxy ACRO, so I'm guessing that the ACRO might not/probably won't fit.  But it's the only Glock 17 MOS w/XVL2 holster they have listed.

Does anyone else have an 8329 and can confirm an ACRO will fit?  I don't particularly want to order a $200 holster and then have it not work.  Neither Safariland's tech support nor Surefire's tech support were any help, they both just referred me to the holster list I linked above.  The video is two years old so I'm assuming it's not demonstrating some holster model that's not out yet.

Alternately, does anyone else sell a holster that'll fit and has active retention?  I'm not interested in the one Trex Arms sells since it doesn't have active retention.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It took me a little while to accept the fact that I was going to have to trim a $150 holster to work the way I wanted it to, but sometimes that the way it works with special combinations of guns, optics and lights with Safariland.

I would order the holster listed to fit the light, and make it work for the optic. That's what I did with a Glock 22/threaded barrel/RMR/X300U in a 6354DO.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Give safariland a call/email and see what they suggest.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
As I said in the OP, they were no help.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Their 6000 series holsters that are light bearing and RDS should work.

What ride height are you looking for, and color. I can give you the SKU.

Safariland's website sucks because they don't do a good job of listing all compatible items/gun models so you have to play with the selections.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Supposedly all the models are in the PDF I linked in the OP.  I have a 6304RDS that works with an G17 & ACRO if I take the RDS hood off, but the clearance for the light is too small to fit the XVL2.  I think I'm going to have to take GTRider245's advice and order the holster to fit the light and then modify it for the ACRO if needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top