Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2022 10:06:16 PM EDT
I just purchased a Shellback Patriot carrier, andneed to figure out how to shorten the shoulder straps. To set the top of the plate at the correct location, the straps are pulled to the bottom of the placard velcro. I'm a small guy, 5'-8" and 155#.

I was thinking either having an upholstery shop Z fold and box stitch the strap, or trying to find a double sided velcro and trim the excess strap off.

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Most places that do boat tarps, canopy's do heavy sewing. Can get strapping on ebay.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Ended up using a piece of sticky back hook folded back on itself to see if it would work, seems to be ok. For the time being, folded the ecxess back and secured it with the shoulder pad. Evidently this carrier is made for someone with a huge chest.

I wasnt able to find any velcro that had hooks on both sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top