Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2022 8:22:10 AM EDT
upgraded my TQs and IFAK. Trying to do one for my EDC bag, PC or belt, and car. Every TX holder I see is like $60+ or more, and I'm not looking to do anything crazy. Just hold a Cat 7 and some bandages. I saw ITS Tactical, Blue Force, etc. NAR makes one but seems to just hold the TQ nothing else.

thoughts on the airsoft brand versions or other decent deals?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
CTS Burrito

CTS Stomp

ADG

If you’ll likely never use it, actually moving in it, training with it and it’ll likely sit in your closest or trunk indefinitely. Airsoft stuff may be ok, I wouldn’t go that route though. If you’ll be using you PC and gear, I’d bite the bullet and get real gear.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
See if you can find some surplus USGI molle Flashbang pouches.

Over the last decade, that's what myself and other soldiers have done in the Guard. We don't carry our kit enough to justify the added expense of the fancy quickdraw holder.

Easy to hold one tourniquet, maybe more supplies if needed. The fastex buckle makes for quick access, but covers everything up.

Here's an example Smith Surplus & Supply - $3
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Cheapest TQ holder
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
A usgi 2 mag pouch will hold an Izzy, combat gauze, gloves and you can rubber band a TQ to the side.

Mu vehicle kit is in an airsoft grade GP MOLLE pouch
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
CTS Burrito

CTS Stomp

ADG

If you’ll likely never use it, actually moving in it, training with it and it’ll likely sit in your closest or trunk indefinitely. Airsoft stuff may be ok, I wouldn’t go that route though. If you’ll be using you PC and gear, I’d bite the bullet and get real gear.
View Quote

I'll certainly be training with the gear, but I don't wear a PC professionally. Just as insurance currently.

Quoted:
See if you can find some surplus USGI molle Flashbang pouches.

Over the last decade, that's what myself and other soldiers have done in the Guard. We don't carry our kit enough to justify the added expense of the fancy quickdraw holder.

Easy to hold one tourniquet, maybe more supplies if needed. The fastex buckle makes for quick access, but covers everything up.

Here's an example Smith Surplus & Supply - $3
View Quote

thanks, I'll head to the surplus store in town and see if they have anything that looks like this. They do sometimes have deals

Quoted:
A usgi 2 mag pouch will hold an Izzy, combat gauze, gloves and you can rubber band a TQ to the side.

Mu vehicle kit is in an airsoft grade GP MOLLE pouch
View Quote

which MOLLE pouch? I know there are some random decent ones that tear away as needed, seems like a good option for the vehicle kit.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284821262386?hash=item4250ab9032:g:0wkAAOSwZoZiho3W

NEW USAF TOURNIQUET POUCH CAT CARRIER ABDU TIGERSTRIPE TQ HOLDER MOLLE

$7 free shipping.

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have and like this one. https://www.ar500armor.com/lb-ifak.html
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll certainly be training with the gear, but I don't wear a PC professionally. Just as insurance currently.

thanks, I'll head to the surplus store in town and see if they have anything that looks like this. They do sometimes have deals

which MOLLE pouch? I know there are some random decent ones that tear away as needed, seems like a good option for the vehicle kit.

View Quote
I don't understand why a vehicle kit needs to be tear away.

Mine is literally some $15 thing from Amazon, no idea of the manufacturer (China) I'll run out to the truck and get a pic.

ETA

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I like the elastic straps inside because it allows me to sort shit.  There is a lot of boo-boo stuff in there that gets used more than trauma stuff.  IF it's gonna be in a vehicle or in a ruck it does a good job.  For something that is gonna hang off of you, get rolled on and banged into/caught on shot I would probably go higher dollar, or genuine surplus.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mine is literally some $15 thing from Amazon, no idea of the manufacturer (China) I'll run out to the truck and get a pic.

ETA

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/FCF15E1D-A025-4CF5-98B8-C403F1A35249_jpe-2412815.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/93036BAE-6DF5-43FC-98BE-15D07C54A843_jpe-2412816.JPG

I like the elastic straps inside because it allows me to sort shit.  There is a lot of boo-boo stuff in there that gets used more than trauma stuff.  IF it's gonna be in a vehicle or in a ruck it does a good job.  For something that is gonna hang off of you, get rolled on and banged into/caught on shot I would probably go higher dollar, or genuine surplus.
View Quote

He didn't say it was needed. Just that it seemed like a good idea
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Beez Combat Systems makes an ifak pouch that has a tq loop for $30 and they make some other tq pouches for around $20.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

thanks. It doesn't NEED to be tear away, but I have an SUV with 2 child seats, so behind the headrest isn't ideal. I do have a flat spot on the back of my center console that would be great with some velcro so it could be reached by any seat. I like the organization of yours.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

thanks. It doesn't NEED to be tear away, but I have an SUV with 2 child seats, so behind the headrest isn't ideal. I do have a flat spot on the back of my center console that would be great with some velcro so it could be reached by any seat. I like the organization of yours.
View Quote
Makes sense. I was thinking you may have one of those MOLLE set back organizers
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Makes sense. I was thinking you may have one of those MOLLE set back organizers
View Quote

no, I like them but the damn child seats take up SO much space in the back. Plus the forward facing kiddo would have access to everything and likely try and stab his brother...
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I keep an ITS Nylon Zip Bag (website) in one of the bottle pouches on my EDC bag. It's pretty slim and fits a TQ, QuickClot Combat Gauze LE, Israeli bandage, Z-Pak Gauze, pair of micro HYFIN seals, gloves, and some tape. It works really well and is slim enough to tuck into a door pocket if needed.

I've taken to tossing a TQ in my pocket when I'm out and about. I bought several SOFTT-W tourniquets from TacMed solutions several years ago because they lack Velcro and easier to stuff in a pocket than a CAT. I have not tried the newer SOF Tourniquet but it looks pretty much identical to the SOFFT-W.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#15]
So, I needed a way to hold both my TQ and Shears (I use the Ferro Concepts Roll 1 for my IFAK).  

I tried to the Beez Combat Systems IFAK BLUNT as it has a spot for your TQ, shears, Marker or decompression needle, and the contents of the IFAK, but it was too big or use with my plate carrier. I am planning on using it for my chest rig set-up I'm doing though. So, I went back to the Ferro Concepts Roll 1 IFAK and still had the problem of where to put my shears and a TQ, because the Roll 1 doesn't have space for those items.  

I ended up going with the Haley Strategic TQ and Shears (TQS) hanger and it's perfect. It protects the TQ better than those strictly nylon hangers and it holds the shears well in place.  No I wear the Ferro Roll 1 on my back and the Haley TQS on my front.  The TQS comes in at around $48.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284821262386?hash=item4250ab9032:g:0wkAAOSwZoZiho3W

NEW USAF TOURNIQUET POUCH CAT CARRIER ABDU TIGERSTRIPE TQ HOLDER MOLLE

$7 free shipping.

View Quote

That is the same one I bought, the ABU camo is dirt cheap now
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#17]
SORDusa.com admin panel TQ, bandage, chest seal etc. will fit in this panel.

https://www.sordusa.com/admin-panel
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you guys look at the VXV Concepts option? It allows that AXL med insert and will hold a TQ, but I think you'd be unable to put shears with it as well. I don't why medical shears are always like an after thought to IFAKs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Blue force gear makes this and it sells for below $20

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Blue force gear makes this and it sells for below $20

https://p.armam.at/Tourniquet-Now!-Strap-Multicam-Blue-Force-Gear-am26699main1.png
View Quote

@HecklerKoch_USP thanks, I'll check it out. What does it mount to? Can't immediately see where those little tabs go
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@HecklerKoch_USP thanks, I'll check it out. What does it mount to? Can't immediately see where those little tabs go
View Quote
You weave the plastic part into Molle webbing; they work great on plate carriers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Also, another option that's even cheaper that also works reasonably well is this. You can tighten the bungee to your liking. I actually have two of them. It's an extremely minimalist option. I have found that you have to be careful with tightening the bungee... too lose and it falls out. too tight and you can remove it with one hand. There is a sweet spot that you have to find. The blue force may be better in this respect, but at a higher price.

You can get it on ebay for about $10 or from the company itself
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Came to post this

Ranger bands are more durable if you want to replace them less often than normal rubber bands. Pretty sure the SOF-T TQs even come with one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#24]
If you look around eBay for one of these style Flash Bang pouches they will hold a Cat or a SOFTT

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Check out Esstac elastic TQ holders for PC or belts.

Currently, I prefer to use an abdominal pouch for an IFAK for my PC or chest rig. For a low profile / vehicle IFAK, I use a fanny pack. Check out Spiritus Systems $65 SACK or Fanny SACK. For cheaper prices, Krydex makes an airsoft grade abdominal pouch ($22) that works. Consider the Helikon-Tex Possum Waist Pack ($38) or the wider bandicoot version for a fanny pack. The nice part about a vehicle IFAK fanny pack is after you grab it, you have to option to strap it to your body to free up your hands. Also, a fanny pack may work with your belt kit and may be rotated to your front side for comfort when in a vehicle.

Considering upgrading your TQ to a M2 Inc. 2" RATCHETING Medical Tourniquet (RMT) instead of the outdated CAT7 or SOFTT-W. You don’t want to bleed out because your buddy unintentionally knocked your windless loose during transport.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#26]
https://awsin.com/50740-tourniquet-pouch/

I got 2 these on my kit. They work ridiculously well. Just grip it and rip it. There’s no fnaggling at all.

Also current CATs and SOF-T’s don’t get Uv damaged so you can wear em till the cows come home.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#27]
A couple hair ties works. No need to get super fancy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I like the newer version of the USGI TQ pouches made by Sekri.  Can be had reasonably on eBay.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Arbor Arms makes a few that are good.

https://arborarmsusa.com/product-category/medical/

Keep in mind with the hairtie/elastic options: that exposes the body of the TQ to UV. UV exposure to plastic, over time, weakens it. Expect to have to change your TQs out more frequently if you use it and frequently have it on.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#30]
If you just want something "just in case" and aren't going to war, just grab Condor. They'll be fine if you're on a budget. If they're not, 2 minutes with some thread will fix them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top