Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2022 12:28:19 PM EDT
I've heard of "tubes" for PC cummerbund and looked into some offerings.  That said, I'm ignorant about PC "tubes".

Understood that retrofitting them to an existing PC may, or may not, require some alteration to existing cummerbund, which I'm unwilling to do.  I'd rather replace (not cut-off) the entire cummerbund with an upgraded unit.  Understood that doing so might constrain my choices.  BEEZ Combat Systems has some alternatives, and I've bought from them before.  Certainly open to other alternatives.  Typical Multicam camo is a must.  Price is second to quality/longevity of the item, but I don't have a money tree in the back yard.

How easy/quick/intuitive are the tubes to release/attach?  Easy/quick in the dark/in a hurry?  How about in cold weather, while wearing heavy gloves?

Whatever cummerbund I buy, must have the option of installing soft/hard armor plates, so that requires built-in armor pockets of size sufficient to contain the usual size hard and soft armor plates; I usually prefer soft armor panels behind hard plates in order to reduce body trauma, but might use soft panels alone.  Also want some sort of PALS attachment points on the sides of the cummerbund.  While I doubt I'll mount anything at sides of cummerbund while wearing side armor, still want the option.  

PCs that I might upgrade are various iterations of the LBT 6094, and a Whiskey Two Four (WTF) PC 06, which I use with soft armor and some (hopefully effective) anti-stab plastic inserts.  Untested, so please don't ask.

ETA:  The proposed "tubes" solution must work in conjunction to my original LBT 6094 carriers without any irreversible mods to the LBT carriers.

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've heard of "tubes" for PC cummerbund and looked into some offerings.  That said, I'm ignorant about PC "tubes".

Understood that retrofitting them to an existing PC may, or may not, require some alteration to existing cummerbund, which I'm unwilling to do.  I'd rather replace (not cut-off) the entire cummerbund with an upgraded unit.  Understood that doing so might constrain my choices.  BEEZ Combat Systems has some alternatives, and I've bought from them before.  Certainly open to other alternatives.  Typical Multicam camo is a must.  Price is second to quality/longevity of the item, but I don't have a money tree in the back yard.

How easy/quick/intuitive are the tubes to release/attach?  Easy/quick in the dark/in a hurry?  How about in cold weather, while wearing heavy gloves?

Whatever cummerbund I buy, must have the option of installing soft/hard armor plates, so that requires built-in armor pockets of size sufficient to contain the usual size hard and soft armor plates; I usually prefer soft armor panels behind hard plates in order to reduce body trauma, but might use soft panels alone.  Also want some sort of PALS attachment points on the sides of the cummerbund.  While I doubt I'll mount anything at sides of cummerbund while wearing side armor, still want the option.  

PCs that I might upgrade are various iterations of the LBT 6094, and a Whiskey Two Four (WTF) PC 06, which I use with soft armor and some (hopefully effective) anti-stab plastic inserts.  Untested, so please don't ask.

Thanks in advance!

View Quote

Well, I only have experience with one cummerbund that utilizes the First Spears Tubes quick release system.  

My plate carrier is a Ferro Concepts FCPC V5.  It utilizes velcro on the back plate bag to attach a cummerbund. I purchased an AXL Advance Equinox cummerbund and it only attaches via shock cord.  To make the Equinox cummerbund work with the FCPC I had to purchase a grid adapter from VXV Concepts.  Also, in addition to the Equinox cummerbund I had to purchase two male First Spear tube adapters that connect to the front velcro of my FCPC.  So, in summary AXL front plate bag adapters, AXL Cummerbund, VXV Concepts back plate adapter, and it now works.

The good part of it is that it is easy to remove the cummerbund thanks to the little pull line that AXL attached to it.   I don't know if other cummerbunds with the tubes have similar pull lines.  I an detach the AXL with just a moderate tug basically.  I actually much prefer it to the previous cobra buckle quick detach cummerbund I had on there previously, because that required two hands to undo.  With the tubes I can now do it one handed.

The bad part, well,  when I first got the tubes I'd attach the cummerbund and think I had it fully seated but it wasn't.  I started hearing this little plastic rubbing sound and then discovered I hadn't fully seated it. You've got to get used to fully seating it and feeling/hearing that click when it gets to the point it should be.  I'm still getting used to getting to that point and am still always double checking to make sure I haven't failed to seat it deep enough or have gone too far and pulled it past it's secure seat point.

I haven't yet really put the tubes through any real punishment either.  I just got them  and so I have to take them through their summer trials and it will not be until next winter that they'll see any real cold weather use.  My impression is that they'll hold up well though, it's a pretty thick plastic and seems pretty robust.  Extreme cold and hours on end has a tendency to make plastic brittle, but I think it should hold up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thnx for useful reply.  Much obliged for your taking time to address my concerns.  Will keep your comments in mind.

I reckon that the plastic itself (saying nothing about the specific design) should hold up in cold temps.  Apparently, the plastic itself tolerates cold temps reasonably well.  What matters is how well the use of the plastics (IOW, the design) allows the plastic to work in cold weather.  Aside from that is how well the design works when wearing cold weather gloves/mittens.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I used an airsoft retrofit kit for my work vest and it turned out great.!

Pros:
-easy Don/doff. Especially if you have mags on your front panel.

Cons:
If you don’t want to chop up your cummerbund, you’ll still have it on the vest. It’s extra bill, but nothing game changing
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used an airsoft retrofit kit for my work vest and it turned out great.!

Pros:
-easy Don/doff. Especially if you have mags on your front panel.

Cons:
If you don't want to chop up your cummerbund, you'll still have it on the vest. It's extra bill, but nothing game changing
View Quote
Hopefully some iterations of "Tube" cummerbunds will allow complete removal of existing cummerbund vice cutting/altering existing cummerbund.  As mentioned, willing to pay the price for complete replacement of existing cummerbund so as to reduce bulk/weight.  Much obliged for constructive comments!
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thnx for useful reply.  Much obliged for your taking time to address my concerns.  Will keep your comments in mind.

I reckon that the plastic itself (saying nothing about the specific design) should hold up in cold temps.  Apparently, the plastic itself tolerates cold temps reasonably well.  What matters is how well the use of the plastics (IOW, the design) allows the plastic to work in cold weather.  Aside from that is how well the design works when wearing cold weather gloves/mittens.
View Quote

Yeah, look for one with a nice pull tab. The pull tab on my AXL cummerbund will work with the thickest gloves, but it lays down flat enough I'm not worried about it catching on anything. If you wanted to you could easily rig your own pull tab as well (maybe get one with a cord and a ball on it).  

I like the quick release. Prior to the First Speer Tubes I used Ferro's cummerbund that connects with cobra buckles and that was an issue with thick winter gloves for sure. It will be nice next winter to be able to easily detach and attach it with my thick winter gloves, because as you know well you're always layering up and layering down in the cold so you're constantly taking off plate carriers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hopefully some iterations of "Tube" cummerbunds will allow complete removal of existing cummerbund vice cutting/altering existing cummerbund.  As mentioned, willing to pay the price for complete replacement of existing cummerbund so as to reduce bulk/weight.  Much obliged for constructive comments!
View Quote

Depends on the plate carrier, if the cummerbund is sewed on and part of the back plate bag or it attaches separately.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, look for one with a nice pull tab. The pull tab on my AXL cummerbund will work with the thickest gloves, but it lays down flat enough I'm not worried about it catching on anything. If you wanted to you could easily rig your own pull tab as well (maybe get one with a cord and a ball on it).  

I like the quick release. Prior to the First Speer Tubes I used Ferro's cummerbund that connects with cobra buckles and that was an issue with thick winter gloves for sure. It will be nice next winter to be able to easily detach and attach it with my thick winter gloves, because as you know well you're always layering up and layering down in the cold so you're constantly taking off plate carriers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments about how "tubes" work in conjunction with thick winter gloves/mittens always useful.

Absence of such informed comment has been part of my reluctance to adopt "tubes".  What is GTG for some climates might not be equally GTG for different climates.  I'm keeping an open mind, and looking for informed comments.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Depends on the plate carrier, if the cummerbund is sewed on and part of the back plate bag or it attaches separately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fully understood.  As mentioned, would rather replace existing cummerbund with a new one vice cutting-up the OEM cummerbund.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve a few quick release PCs with ROC buckles, they’re pretty easy to get used to. Once you use them a little they’re quick to attach and even quicker to release. I’ve had no issues using them in the dark. No problems with cold weather and Mechanix gloves. Can’t speak to extreme weather gloves you might use up there though. If you had issues you could probably attach something like the pull bead WTF sells to the pull cords.

ETA: Beez cummerbunds have been good to go for me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've a few quick release PCs with ROC buckles, they're pretty easy to get used to. Once you use them a little they're quick to attach and even quicker to release. I've had no issues using them in the dark. No problems with cold weather and Mechanix gloves. Can't speak to extreme weather gloves you might use up there though. If you had issues you could probably attach something like the pull bead WTF sells to the pull cords.

ETA: Beez cummerbunds have been good to go for me.
View Quote
Understood that the "quick-release" feature is a given under most conditions.  Asking about donning/assembly of the "tubes" in extreme conditions., but given the relatively new nature of "tubes" such extreme weather based answers might not be readily forthcoming.

I admit my ignorance.  Much obliged for your productive comments!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
It sounds like this could fit your needs: Tyr tactical quick release cummerbund

Easy retrofit for most carriers as it just velcros under the existing flaps for instal and easy adjustments. Then you use the tubes for regular access. I think it includes soft armor for that price and plate pockets are an option.

I haven't stayed up on all the carrier options but I'm sure someone makes a setup like the Tyr that doesn't include soft panels for a cheaper price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#12]
What I used

The Velcro on the front didn't fit the Velcro on my carrier. The rectangular piece goes up and down instead of side to side.

What I did was just unsew them and flip then re stitch.

I like them so far. It's been almost a year with them.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Regret not monitoring this thread as I should have done.

Still investigating plausible suggestions.  I should add that I don't favor dis-assembling my LBT plate carriers for many reasons, not least potential warranty issues.  Also to add that I do not have the capability to machine-stitch any sort of Tactical gear.

IOW, the proposed "tubes" solution must work in conjunction to my original LBT 6094 carriers without any irreversible mods to the LBT carriers. will revise OP to make this clear.

Thanks for all the decent suggestions, and by all means keep them coming.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]
@raf

I've got a TT Rogue carrier with these Coyote Tactical QD cummerbunds

https://coyotetacticalsolutions.com/quick-detach-cummerbunds-set/

I really like how quick it is to pop on & off, based on their website they offer armor sleeves, but I'm not sure how a cummerbund attaches to the rear of an LBT Carrier.  Others have mentioned the pull tab, i'll probably cut mine off & replaced with a small monkey paw type of gutter paracord at some point this summer.  

I'm in Ohio & I've had no issues with it in the limited winter shooting I've done.  I don't keep much in the cummerbund though, 1 mag & some ifak stuff per side, thats it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@raf

I've got a TT Rogue carrier with these Coyote Tactical QD cummerbunds

https://coyotetacticalsolutions.com/quick-detach-cummerbunds-set/

I really like how quick it is to pop on & off, based on their website they offer armor sleeves, but I'm not sure how a cummerbund attaches to the rear of an LBT Carrier.  Others have mentioned the pull tab, i'll probably cut mine off & replaced with a small monkey paw type of gutter paracord at some point this summer.  

I'm in Ohio & I've had no issues with it in the limited winter shooting I've done.  I don't keep much in the cummerbund though, 1 mag & some ifak stuff per side, thats it.
View Quote
Much obliged for yr suggestion.  have much to learn.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd rather deal with plastic tubes than mud and snow in velcro
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I retrofitted my APC with tubes. Way better. Dirt, mud, leaves, etc all degrade the Velcro.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I retrofitted my APC with tubes. Way better. Dirt, mud, leaves, etc all degrade the Velcro.
View Quote

Which route did you go to do the retrofit?

I've been looking at the BCS options for my APC, but keep hesitating. Theoretically it's a drop-in replacement for the original cummerbund, but...I can't quite bring myself to pull the metaphorical trigger.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I put tubes on my LBT and cut the Velcro panels off the cummerbund.   I have never looked back.   I felt if I wanted, which I won’tt, I could get another cummerbund from lbt.I used these
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#20]
OP I know you're looking for a "reversible" option, but I've done this mod to several of my, and my buds PC's, and no one has wanted to reverse it.  So unless you're just worried about re-sale value or whatever, this is a non-issue, IMHO.

I still use the original 1st Spear Tubes, cuz, well I like them and they work.  The smaller, 2" ones work very well with the FC 3" cummerbund.  The larger ones rock out on JPC's, and so forth.

Yes, they are far superior to velcro, IMHO, as far as fiddle factor in ditching/donning.  For use in cold weather.  The polymer has held up well, no issues with colder temps.  As far as use with gloves/mitts, you need an extended paracord lanyard, and either a Canadian button, or other 3-d feature on the end for grasping.  The key is having something to grip on the end of the lanyard.  Been working with the Swedes on this (with some other but similar gear) and it seems to work well.  When it's -30 below you can't afford to take off your mitts for even a few seconds so this capability is critical.

So for sure, I'd do this, and get a whole 'nother cummerbund, if required, to have it.      

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP I know you're looking for a "reversible" option, but I've done this mod to several of my, and my buds PC's, and no one has wanted to reverse it.  So unless you're just worried about re-sale value or whatever, this is a non-issue, IMHO.

I still use the original 1st Spear Tubes, cuz, well I like them and they work.  The smaller, 2" ones work very well with the FC 3" cummerbund.  The larger ones rock out on JPC's, and so forth.

Yes, they are far superior to velcro, IMHO, as far as fiddle factor in ditching/donning.  For use in cold weather.  The polymer has held up well, no issues with colder temps.  As far as use with gloves/mitts, you need an extended paracord lanyard, and either a Canadian button, or other 3-d feature on the end for grasping.  The key is having something to grip on the end of the lanyard.  Been working with the Swedes on this (with some other but similar gear) and it seems to work well.  When it's -30 below you can't afford to take off your mitts for even a few seconds so this capability is critical.

So for sure, I'd do this, and get a whole 'nother cummerbund, if required, to have it.      

View Quote
Understood, and thnx for pertinent comments.  One of the reasons I'm highly reluctant to permanently modify my LBT Pcs is that I'm concerned that irreversibly modifying them might abrogate my warranty.   If I can simply swap-out existing LBT cummerbund for another one that has tubes, that would be fine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I am currently also looking to do this with a LBT6094 vest. Debating between the Blaze Defense kit with tubes or the complete replacement QR cummerbund from HRT.

Some of the ones mentioned here don’t look like they would work well with the 6094 but the HRT does.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Which route did you go to do the retrofit?

I've been looking at the BCS options for my APC, but keep hesitating. Theoretically it's a drop-in replacement for the original cummerbund, but...I can't quite bring myself to pull the metaphorical trigger.
View Quote

APTUM5    | APTUM™ SKELETAL CUMMERBUND TUBES KIT

BCS
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am currently also looking to do this with a LBT6094 vest. Debating between the Blaze Defense kit with tubes or the complete replacement QR cummerbund from HRT.

Some of the ones mentioned here don't look like they would work well with the 6094 but the HRT does.
View Quote
Links for Blaze Defense and HRT, please
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

APTUM5    | APTUM SKELETAL CUMMERBUND TUBES KIT

BCS
View Quote
Do you mean Beez Combat Systems, or something else?  If so, pls provide link to "your" BCS, and also Aptums.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Blaze Defense. Comes in tubes, metal cobra buckle or polymer buckle versions.

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop/ols/products/bds-qr-tube-attachment-kit

HRT cumberbund. To me it looks like it would fit right in the place of the LBT one, and has Velcro where we would need it.

https://hrttacticalgear.com/product/hrt-quick-release-cummerbund/
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop/ols/products/bds-qr-tube-attachment-kit

HRT cumberbund. To me it looks like it would fit right in the place of the LBT one, and has Velcro where we would need it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much obliged!
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Raf I hear ya on the warranty thing, but I usually void it within 24 hours of anything I buy.  I either modify or paint everything I get.  So that is a non-issue with me.  Anything that gets broken/torn/whatever I just fix myself.  But I also acknowledge not every one has the wherewithal to do that.  But you've been a contributing member here for so long that I don't think you'd have any problem getting one of us stitch bitches to help you out with anything.  

I don't know about everybody else, but I think it's a big PITA to have to ditch or don a pc with all that damn velcro.  Not to mention lift up the placard and all that.  Now maybe for some guys who put it on in the morning and wear it all day, GTG.  But if you're just a slimy civilian like me, and are training in it, where you might be in and out of it several times during the day, it pretty much sucks dog balls.  So for me and what I'm doing, the "Tubes" style closure system is the bomb.

Now I realize there are several other brands out there now, doing much the same thing.  And I'm sure some of them are good kit as well.  But the original Tubes have just worked for me, and I see no need of switching.  Especially now when the FS 3" cummerbund is becoming more and more popular, and I don't know if all the others have a smaller 2" option.

So in my humble opinion, modifying your pc to fit Tubes style closures is a no-brainer.  I want to permanently change it over and never look back.  But since these things are pretty modular you could also just buy another cummerbund and have either option.  

As far as pros n cons.  Well, keeping it stock is the easy button.  LBT makes a very good pc and it works well, as is.  It also seamlessly joins with front plate, so if you are running radios, med kit/TQ right under the CB, then this gives you the cleanest set up.  But.  If you need to get out of it quickly, good luck.  It is not easy or quick.  Not to mention getting into the damn thing.  

With Tubes.  Yes this is a bit more work but well worth it, IMHO.  It may create a slight space between the CB and front plate.  Depends on how you rig it up.  And may move radio, med kit/TQ slightly to the rear.  But it is now much easier to ditch in an emergency.  And of course much easy to get into in the first place.

So bottom line for me is, if you need an emergency ditch option, or if just the way you use it means you are in and out of it several times during the day, then Tubes are a great mod.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#29]
I upgraded a lbx 6094 with the skeletonized cummerbund and tube kit from these guys. Been really happy so far, and you just pull the old one out and replace it with theirs. No permeant mods necessary.

https://mostactical.com/collections/london-bridge-trading-lbt-upgrades-mods
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#30]
https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/collections/cummerbunds

I got a Beez with tubes for my Slickster.  Very happy with the upgrade and the quality of the product.  No way would I go back to Velcro closure.  The link above should give you plenty of options.

As far as cold weather glove use, I can’t speak to it directly. But Diz mentioned above, the “grab handle” to doff them is nothing more than 550 cord.  Add a monkey fist, large button, etc for dexterity and you shouldn’t Have any problems.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Something to keep in mind:

Not everyone is just attaching a placard to the front of their carrier. Some guys are running knives with sheaths attached to the front of the plate carrier's hook and loop, some guys are running hanger pouches, and some guys like myself are using things like the Defense Mechanisms sidekick pouches attached to the front hook and loop of the plate bag.  So, that makes velcroing on a cummerbund a pain in the rear end.   Having the Tubes means you don't have to disrupt all that velcro stuff you've got on underneath your placard.  

If you're like me and attaching a lot of things to that front velcro area of the front plate bag so that you can keep your sides slick the tubes can make a lot of sense.   I personally hate pouches on my sides, can't stand them, so pretty much everything I have on my carrier is accessible from the front.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I used this on my LBX, it’s spendy but completely reversible, has First Spear tubes, and the only downside is added cost to the PC setup and the potential of loss of elasticity. I’m even debating on one for my spare LBX. I did use some spare hook and loop for the rear attachment as well, added cost maybe $4 total.

Blaze Complete Cummerbund
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Con
When drawing from a high ride holster on the belt the sharp bottom of the tube is in a good spot to take a chunk out of the thumb.(found out today)

It's been fine aiwb. I'll have to test from a war belt to see if a little offset will help but I think it should be fine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
The MOS Tactical one for a Crye JPC looks like it'd fit in an LBT 6094.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The MOS Tactical one for a Crye JPC looks like it'd fit in an LBT 6094.
View Quote

They list one for the 6094, I linked it above. It's a really nice piece of kit. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I haven't retrofitted them, but I definitely recommend them. They're so fast and convenient to take on and off - once my initial period of retardation passed and I figured out how they worked . Mine slot into position, then press up to connect. Pull down on the cord to detach.

I leave one side connected, put my arm and head through, connect the other side. Takes only a few seconds to put on my armor.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice; I like your pull tabs.  I've used Canadian buttons before as well; something a little more tactile to help you find the damn thing.  They now make a dedicated polymer knob for this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I got the A&A Tactical, LLC SEACU-Cummerbund
A&A Tactical, LLC SEACU-Cummerbund
For my LBT G3, LBT-6094G3.
Love the tubes & like the extra elastic, low pro mag pouches in case I need them.
No permanent modifications.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:45:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm using a First Spear retrofit cumberbund. It replaced my mole cumberbund on a Coyote Tactical carrier and then I recently moved it over to my Crye LVS carrier. It has internal plate pockets, however, it is laser cut Molle if that is a issue.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm using a First Spear retrofit cumberbund. It replaced my mole cumberbund on a Coyote Tactical carrier and then I recently moved it over to my Crye LVS carrier. It has internal plate pockets, however, it is laser cut Molle if that is a issue.
View Quote

I went with a similar one for my LV119. I like that it has some elasticity and can accept a variety of magazines. The extra molle at the back increases the flexibility it offers.

https://www.aandatactical.com/collections/spiritus-compatible-kit/products/a-a-tactical-llc-seacu-cummerbund-for-crye-precision-jpc-avs-and-eagle-ulv-w-fs-tubes
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I recently added the Blaze Defense QR system to my LBT6094, in particular the composite Cobra buckle version. This was an agency order and this is what our vendor had in stock.

Fits perfectly and works great. The next ones we order will probably be Tubes, but the buckles work fine. Long term for a personal or issued carrier I would probably have a seamstress cut and stich the "flap" that is created on the cumberbund when you fold it back to access the Molle.

Overall, would recommend.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I recently added the Blaze Defense QR system to my LBT6094, in particular the composite Cobra buckle version. This was an agency order and this is what our vendor had in stock.

Fits perfectly and works great. The next ones we order will probably be Tubes, but the buckles work fine. Long term for a personal or issued carrier I would probably have a seamstress cut and stich the "flap" that is created on the cumberbund when you fold it back to access the Molle.

Overall, would recommend.
View Quote

I'm surprised an agency ordered cobra buckles for a cumberbund since they don't release while under tension
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Waiting on A&A Tactical for a skeletal made specifically for a slickster. If there shipping times are correct, I only have about 9 weeks to go. Custom made and takes 10-12 weeks. Skeletal is probably best if you work outdoors and need to wear your carrier in the summer. Better ventilation on the sides. The Ferro elastic cummerbund doesn't breathe too well.

I also took a chance and busted out for the defense mechanisms two row skeletal cummerbund. Don't know for certain if it'll work with the slickster, but I may end up just buying the carrier anyway, since I have a lot of stuff from Ferro and Mayflower that should work with it.

Can say with certainty that wearing the carrier has taught me two things. First, it's not that bad once you get used to it, but it sucks a lot more when it's real hot outside. And the more you wear it, the less it bothers you. Not an expert or anything, just a security guard who works outside in the heat for 6-12 hours at a stretch.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Bought a lbt 6904 sentinel awhile back and recently got around to sorting it. I've taken it on a few hikes and it's surprisingly comfortable even with 4401 plates so I'm not looking to change much. It didn't take me long though to realize the velcro cumberbund is fuckery. The lbt cumberbund has elastic bands and I like these tight enough to have some tension and getting the velcro attachment straight even with a slick front is a pain.

The sentinel has a quick release feature which makes the rear attachment of the cumberbund different from other carriers I'm seeing so I'm guessing this rules out a dedicated qd cumberbund even if it's specifically for a 6904. My understanding is I could use a standard cumberbund but it would delete the cumberbund part of the quick release which I would like to keep.

This led me to the blaze retrofit system and I had a few questions. 1st off in the installation videos I watched they tend to use the 2nd or 3rd row of webbing and I was wondering if it matters if you use the 1st. The lbt cumberbund has a couple of pouches towards the front that it seems would be unusable unless you use the 1st row. I think these are intended for radios but I carry a couple mags in them and it works well for a simplistic setup.

Using the 1st row would also seem to make getting rid of the flap easier. My wife sews and her recommendation was to remove the velcro and cut the nylon where the red line is and fold it back and sew it at the thicker material where the red arrow is.

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bought a lbt 6904 sentinel awhile back and recently got around to sorting it. I've taken it on a few hikes and it's surprisingly comfortable even with 4401 plates so I'm not looking to change much. It didn't take me long though to realize the velcro cumberbund is fuckery. The lbt cumberbund has elastic bands and I like these tight enough to have some tension and getting the velcro attachment straight even with a slick front is a pain.

The sentinel has a quick release feature which makes the rear attachment of the cumberbund different from other carriers I'm seeing so I'm guessing this rules out a dedicated qd cumberbund even if it's specifically for a 6904. My understanding is I could use a standard cumberbund but it would delete the cumberbund part of the quick release which I would like to keep.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/519824/20220619_073526-2423713.jpg

This led me to the blaze retrofit system and I had a few questions. 1st off in the installation videos I watched they tend to use the 2nd or 3rd row of webbing and I was wondering if it matters if you use the 1st. The lbt cumberbund has a couple of pouches towards the front that it seems would be unusable unless you use the 1st row. I think these are intended for radios but I carry a couple mags in them and it works well for a simplistic setup.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/519824/20220619_083732-2423719.jpg

Using the 1st row would also seem to make getting rid of the flap easier. My wife sews and her recommendation was to remove the velcro and cut the nylon where the red line is and fold it back and sew it at the thicker material where the red arrow is.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/519824/20220619_091057-2423725.jpg
View Quote
I have the identical LBT 6094 Sentinel PC with Quick Release system, as well as a different model LBT 6094 PC which lacks the Quick Release system.  Your remarks are interesting.  It may be that retrofitting "Tubes" to the LBT 6094 W/O QR feature will be much simpler than with the one with the QR system.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have the identical LBT 6094 Sentinel PC with Quick Release system, as well as a different model LBT 6094 PC which lacks the Quick Release system.  Your remarks are interesting.  It may be that retrofitting "Tubes" to the LBT 6094 W/O QR feature will be much simpler than with the one with the QR system.
View Quote

Think I'm gonna give the blaze retrofit with spear tubes a try. Figure it'll work either way it's just a matter of if I'll have use of the front pouches. I hike around in really rugged terrain so I want to maintain the emergency release feature. Figure it would come handy with an injured arm or hand. For day hikes I usually wear a sling back that falls away with one clip so I figure that and the sentinel release would make it pretty easy to get everything off.

I'm new to armor and had it categorized as mostly a defensive/static thing but I've been impressed enough with the comfort of the 6094 that I might look into some u or m plates for better mobility.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I picked up a set of tubes from Amazon to see if tubes would work on the Shellback Patriot cumberbun. Short answer is yes.

Longer answer is I had to remove it completely, reverse the bands so that the velcro patches are under the back plate. They overlap the full width of the back, but are still able to have the original bungee woven thru the molle so there is still a little flex to it.

Overall, its a lot easer and quieter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top