Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 12:35:16 AM EDT
The Hesco 3810 has its own integral foam padding, but I'm wondering how much of the 0.98" thickness comes from that padding.

Would someone mind pulling their 3810 out of their carrier for me and measuring the thickness of the backside padding, thickness of the actual armor material, and thickness of the front padding?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know the official number. I remember reading its not much, which was one of the reasons for the development of the 3611-increased padding amount. Dont remember the source for that though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have mine handy, but it's not more than a couple mm if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have mine handy, but it's not more than a couple mm if I recall correctly.
View Quote

Do you find that the padding adds to the comfort? If you put the 3810s in a carrier without its own padding, would it need a padded plate backer?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you find that the padding adds to the comfort? If you put the 3810s in a carrier without its own padding, would it need a padded plate backer?
View Quote

I have my 3810’s in a jpc2 with no extra padding and they’ve been plenty comfortable. I’ve worn them several times for 10+ hours with 3 full mags, IFAK, and radio on the PC
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have my 3810's in a jpc2 with no extra padding and they've been plenty comfortable. I've worn them several times for 10+ hours with 3 full mags, IFAK, and radio on the PC
View Quote
My experience echoes this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear my 3810's in a SPC with the same results as posted above.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, they are super comfortable. No additional padding required
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top