Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2021 1:16:56 PM EDT
I’ve searched high and low for a chest rig that will accommodate G3 mags. I really want theHaley strategic D3CR heavy chest rig but they are almost impossible to get. The mayflower chest rig doesn’t fit G3 mags either. Can anyone recommend a chest rig that will definitely fit HK 91/G3mags?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Been looking Closest current production I've found is from Olngapo Outfitters, it's more a bandoleer than a chest rig.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I can’t find much else out there.  That might have to do it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get a molle one HSG taco pouches fit SR-25/FAL/M14/AK/AR So they should fit HK just fine. Might be worth looking at some of those.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the Rhodesian fal chest rigs. Faraday and sons is the maker or what was copied. It’s and old style mag only rig though. No other pouches.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Just stumbled across Been combat systems
And this Whiskey two four
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The big problem with H&K mags are the flared-out sections part way down. Those prevent them from fitting in most other 308 pouches. I’ve bought a lot of modern pouches for FN Scars and M1As, and they (the HK mags) simply won’t fit.
My biggest disappointment was a First Spear 7.62 rig that was fine for M1A and FAL mags but here’s no way an HK mag was going in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just stumbled across Been combat systems
And this Whiskey two four
View Quote

You can't go wrong with Beez, they are top notch.  Their lead times are a bit long right now though.

BFG is good stuff too: https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-sr25-chest-rig.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#8]
You could go with a Tactical Tailor MAV bib or Mini Mav and then put mag pouches on it.
I'm in the process of setting one up. Their Fight Light pouches work with the G3 mags, even better if you have Magpuls on them.
HSGI Tacos work well too, but if you are going to order them I would suggest NOT ordering from HSGI as you will very likely wait forever for them. Find  a retailer that has them in stock if you go that way.
As an aside, I did just get an email notice from HSGI on some nylon stuff that had been OOS for a while (small things), so maybe they are about to get some stock replaced.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered a Beez Combat systems 7.62 chest rig.  Wasn’t my first choice but looks pretty good.  Reviews are good.  Kinda basic, without any GP pouches etc, but I’m thinking I can attach a small GP and radio pouch to the laser cut molle. I optioned mine with padded shoulder harness and the Beez dangler.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I used the $30 Fereday clone mag bra's from India.   They arrive surprisingly fast.
Just be aware the straps are not really long enough to fit larger people.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a BFG RACKMinus with two two-cell SR-25 Ten Speed Pouches for all my 7.62N/6.5CM needs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]
UW Gear Inc is the way to go
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#13]
See if you can find an old Eagle/SKD universal chest rig.

Or maybe a Spiritus Systems bank robber.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Just saw the Haley Strategic D3CR Heavy chest rig is in stock. They say “ almost all” steel mags will fit. Will HK 91 mags fit?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just saw the Haley Strategic D3CR Heavy chest rig is in stock. They say “ almost all” steel mags will fit. Will HK 91 mags fit?
View Quote

They do. As do AICS.
Using the mag inserts helps. It can be a little wonky getting the mags in when it's new, and the inserts help with insertion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply sir
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]
No problem. When I got the email alert of the new post I went to see if the D3CR was back in stock for my AR, still no luck.
I like the heavy. It's a good rig, and I can fold it up into a 5.11 duffle in my drawer system in a convenient package with some other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Esstac Kywi's will accomodate Hk G3/91 magazines.

I inquired and then sent them a alloy and steel version for verification. Dan was more than accommodating and tested the 7.62 Kywi's for fit and suggested the short version as the best option though the mediums will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_5201_JPG-1781309.jpg
They do. As do AICS.
Using the mag inserts helps. It can be a little wonky getting the mags in when it's new, and the inserts help with insertion.
View Quote

BTW, I really like the look of that MLOK rail on your G3K.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#21]
that should do it.  just don't fall in a lake with that on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

BTW, I really like the look of that MLOK rail on your G3K.
View Quote

Thanks, I don't normally have it on there. It's good for if you want a light or need to laze something, or if you like using the VFG.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#23]
my D3CR Heavy Chest rig from Haley Strategic just showed up. As expected it is very well constructed and looks to be a heavy duty piece of kit. The mag pouches are pretty tight for the HK 91 mags on insertion/extraction but I ordered the mag pouch wedges so maybe that will help with that.  Been setting up the configuration of the GP pouches as I also have an older D3CRX for my 5.56.  I'm thinking I could also run the 5.56 mags in the heavy rig so maybe just switch out the mags. Unfortunately I also ordered a Beez Combat 7.62 chest rig with padded harness and hanger pouch before the Haley restock so I have a Beez chest rig that will ship this week as well.  I'm hopeful someone on the EE will be interested in the Beez chest rig so I can catch and release there.  

I'm curious how others that have the Haley Heavy rig utilize their GP pouches?  I've got a a MUT and small surefire in the small GP and a smoke grenade,2 CR123 batteries, lighter in the larger GP.  How do you run yours?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Cleaning kit in the round tin, small signal panel, whistle, mirror, Leatherman tool bits/extender, G3/G3K spares

Mini GPS, wrist compass, ear pro, Streamlight on the side.
I carry 1 G19/17 mag and the Leatherman in the pistol mag pouches.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_8369_JPG-1789696.jpg
Cleaning kit in the round tin, small signal panel, whistle, mirror, Leatherman tool bits/extender, G3/G3K spares
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_8370_JPG-1789695.jpg
Mini GPS, wrist compass, ear pro, Streamlight on the side.
I carry 1 G19/17 mag and the Leatherman in the pistol mag pouches.
View Quote

Excellent!  great set up.  What G3K spares do you have in there?  Locking piece?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got extra extractor, ejector, take down pin, and two different angle LPs. In the grip of the rifles I have extractor and ejector springs wrapped around a bottle of CLP.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#27]
that is a very well rounded kit of spares sir. well done. I’ll need to up my game to keep up with you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
that is a very well rounded kit of spares sir. well done. I’ll need to up my game to keep up with you.
View Quote

Well thank you. I went with what it sounded like most of the reported issues concentrated on. The ejector and spring seemed like common issues, with extractor and spring coming in behind that. The take down pin was just in case one of those rolled off into nowhere, and the LPs are basically just to make sure I can shoot different ammo or if the G3K gets picky suppressed. Once I'm pretty sure that the K runs reliably I won't carry spare LPs. The G3 runs fine as is on everything I've put in it, suppressed or not.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_5201_JPG-1781309.jpg
They do. As do AICS.
View Quote

@m24shooter

after a few days with the D3CR Heavy chest rig and playing around with it's configuration, I have come to the conclusion that the mag pouches are damn near impossible to re-index.  I bought the MP2 inserts and removed the bungie straps because those make it very difficult to reinsert the magazines not to mention there is no freaking way the mags are going to fall out of those pouches because they are SOOO tight.  Perhaps they will loosen slightly as time goes on and with usage.  I think if you needed to get a mag back in there under stress you are better off putting in a dump pouch because it  isn't going in there without some effort.  Kinda wish they would give just a touch more room between the pouches to make access a little easier.  Is it just me or are they a little crowded?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@m24shooter

after a few days with the D3CR Heavy chest rig and playing around with it's configuration, I have come to the conclusion that the mag pouches are damn near impossible to re-index.  I bought the MP2 inserts and removed the bungie straps because those make it very difficult to reinsert the magazines not to mention there is no freaking way the mags are going to fall out of those pouches because they are SOOO tight.  Perhaps they will loosen slightly as time goes on and with usage.  I think if you needed to get a mag back in there under stress you are better off putting in a dump pouch because it  isn't going in there without some effort.  Kinda wish they would give just a touch more room between the pouches to make access a little easier.  Is it just me or are they a little crowded?
View Quote

It's not just you. You came to the exact same conclusion/solution I did. I had the inserts in there to start with, and after one attempt of putting the mags in with the retainers I removed the retainers. I leave the mags in and it seems that after some time the fabric has relaxed enough that they are easier to insert. I try to angle them in on a corner first, then pull that corner to the end of the pouch while rocking the mag downwards until I'm at the back edge, and then push the mag body into the pouch. Very similar to inserting in the mag well.
I think the issue is the HK mag reinforcement/stops making for a slightly wider mag than an FAL or SCAR or M14 mag.
ETA: I start with the "back" corner of the mag about midway in the mag pocket so that it hits where the insert is holding the pocket open. The drag the mag body towards the outside (left) of the pocket while rocking it downwards until the top edge of the mag (which is obviously oriented downwards) is fully inside the pocket.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep same experience exactly. I suspect if the chest rig is used in abused that fabric will tend to soften and stretch ever so slightly. It doesn’t need to be very loose but a little give would help I’m sure that is in the cards as time goes on. Just wanted to check thanks for the reply sir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top