Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have the 11x14 III+ measurements? For multi curve?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a set of the level IV 10x12 multi curves and they’re a good tight fit in my Medium plate bag Spiritus LV119.

ETA:sizing
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems my RMA 1092 plates aren't coming anytime soon and I think I want to own something incase things get even crazier after the election. From the research I did it seems the IV 4 Battle Steels might be the best in regards to performance/ price. They have a full face unlike the LAPD that has an inch of foam around the edges, they are multi curve a decent weight and seem to be quite a bit better than no armor at all.

Am I wrong? My next option for things in stock would be a set of 4s17m plates that are damn near double the cost of the Botach and significantly heavier.

Ended up getting a good price on some HESCO 4401s. Will probably just sell them when the 1092s ship.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
My lvl4 has maybe 1/8" of foam on all sides.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems my RMA 1092 plates aren't coming anytime soon and I think I want to own something incase things get even crazier after the election. From the research I did it seems the IV 4 Battle Steels might be the best in regards to performance/ price. They have a full face unlike the LAPD that has an inch of foam around the edges, they are multi curve a decent weight and seem to be quite a bit better than no armor at all.

Am I wrong? My next option for things in stock would be a set of 4s17m plates that are damn near double the cost of the Botach and significantly heavier.
View Quote

I don't believe so. The MrGunsnGear Lvl IV test video convinced me to buy Battle Steel plates. Yes, I might be taking a chance on QC, but I've yet to see a test video where a Battle Steel plate failed to meet it's rated standard.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was in the exact same boat, I ordered a set of botach because why not. Only took about 2 weeks and they look great, a lot lighter than my rma 1155s. I’ll be even more excited when my 1092s get here though
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Double tap

In order of awesome
1)1092
2)botach (almost 1/2 the weight of 1155 and multicurve worth the risk as a second set, and good reviews from buffamn range and mrgunsngear among others)
3)1155 (great nij plates but heavy and single curve)
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm surprised this thread is still a thing.  Initially started it just to see if I'd be wasting my time ordering some.  But after a while I figured out that, when ordering, it just meant a month or less wait.  Was valuable to realize but no real use to me now since I bought cheap and stacked deep.  But hope yall enjoy the thread!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Comparison pics of BS lvl4 multicurve vs the RMA 1092, both are the same size on paper but you can see how the RMA are actually much larger

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Comparison pics of BS lvl4 multicurve vs the RMA 1092, both are the same size on paper but you can see how the RMA are actually much larger

https://i.imgur.com/axB9HkO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/b8oFHjq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xdfBqSd.jpg
View Quote

Battle steels website says 9.5x11.5 and rma is 9.5x12.5. But battle steel also says 10x12 on the same page as well as listing 6lb and 5.5lbs as the weight....wonder which it is.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Battle steels website says 9.5x11.5 and rma is 9.5x12.5. But battle steel also says 10x12 on the same page as well as listing 6lb and 5.5lbs as the weight....wonder which it is.
View Quote

I'm not sure why, but "10x12" plates seem to be 9.5 x 11.5. My LAPG "10x12" plates are the same. SAPI sizes run true to stated size.

And yes, to the above a SAPI medium is an inch longer than a 10x12 plate.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
NM...I'm still in for the rma 1093 which is 10.25x13.25
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I was considering ordering some of these or maybe something from LAPG a couple months ago and never got around to either, are the kinda multicurve lvl 4s you guys are talking about just the 99 dollar ones that have been floating around for a while now? https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/. I think this might just get me over the edge at this point with Botach actually shipping in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was considering ordering some of these or maybe something from LAPG a couple months ago and never got around to either, are the kinda multicurve lvl 4s you guys are talking about just the 99 dollar ones that have been floating around for a while now? https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/. I think this might just get me over the edge at this point with Botach actually shipping in a timely manner.
View Quote

Yes, those are the Botach Battle Steel Lvl IV's. Botach seems to have upped their game, now shipping very quickly if they have the item in stock. My first plate order a couple of months ago took 3 weeks from order to delivery, the second took 9 days and the last 3 have taken 5-7 days.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, those are the Botach Battle Steel Lvl IV's. Botach seems to have upped their game, now shipping very quickly if they have the item in stock. My first plate order a couple of months ago took 3 weeks from order to delivery, the second took 9 days and the last 3 have taken 5-7 days.

Tomac
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Good to hear , thanks! I guess I'll sign up for notifications for the level 4s to be in stock
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered 2 level 3+ plates last night. Got a tracking number today at lunch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Good to hear , thanks! I guess I'll sign up for notifications for the level 4s to be in stock
View Quote

Notifications?....they aren't backordering anymore?

I just built up my last remaining set and even though I have zero use for any more, of course I'm getting the itch to stock up again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just built up my last remaining set and even though I have zero use for any more, of course I'm getting the itch to stock up again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Not taking backorders, you can sign up to be notified when they're in-stock again.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ordered 2 level 3+ plates last night. Got a tracking number today at lunch.
View Quote

Did you order the $129 single-curve or the $149 multicurve?
I own both and much prefer the slightly (7oz) heavier multicurve. Multicurve front/back is great, much recommended but multicurve front/single-curve back isn't too bad.
IMHO the multicurve IV's are a no-brainer if you don't mind the additional weight (I use the III+ multicurve front & back, I'm an old fart who has to watch how much I carry ).

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Did you order the $129 single-curve or the $149 multicurve?
I own both and much prefer the slightly (7oz) heavier multicurve. Multicurve front/back is great, much recommended but multicurve front/single-curve back isn't too bad.
IMHO the multicurve IV's are a no-brainer if you don't mind the additional weight (I use the III+ multicurve front & back, I'm an old fart who has to watch how much I carry ).

Tomac
View Quote

Single curve. Wanted multi but out of stock. These are going in the new LAPG carrier as a spare.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope. Not taking backorders, you can sign up to be notified when they're in-stock again.

Tomac
View Quote

That sucks moose crotch!  I was fine with ordering a few sets at a time and then just waiting a month.  Now it's just as much of a game as anything else in the gun world.

In my experience, notifications are so delayed that by the time the computer sends them, the items out of stock for a day or two already.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm also running multi-curve level IVs in the front and single curve III+ in the rear. It fits me very well, multi-curve front was a huge improvement vs the single-curve but not an issue on the back.

I think the 11.5x9.5 might be the dimension of the plate and 12x10 includes the padding around the edge of the level IV but I'm not sure. just a guess.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish i knew the measurement of the lvl4  11x14, I'd like to swap my front plate for that but unsure it'll fit in my carrier.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just measured my Battle Steel III+ multicurve plates (no padding/covering), they measure 9.75"x11.75".

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Ordered on the 22nd, received today (31st). Arrived in perfect condition. My brother and I have a combined 4 plate orders from Botach and have not had any issues yet.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#26]
https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-11x14-ballistic-hard-plates/

Has anyone ordered these and confirmed their size, weight, and multicurve?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#27]
My final order (I hope, III+ multicurve) was placed on the 22nd, shipped on the 29th and will be delivered Monday.
IMHO the best Battle Steel choices are the multicurve IV if you don't mind the additional weight or the multicurve III+ if you don't mind the additional cost.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My final order (I hope, III+ multicurve) was placed on the 22nd, shipped on the 29th and will be delivered Monday.
IMHO the best Battle Steel choices are the multicurve IV if you don't mind the additional weight or the multicurve III+ if you don't mind the additional cost.

Tomac
View Quote

Can you post comparison pics or are they exactly the same size and curve?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Just ordered a set of level 4 10x12s, thanks for the heads up on the multicurve nature of there budget plates guys. I completely missed the restock email but they still have 500 in stock so lucky me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

I sold my IV's in favor of the III+ multicurves so am unable to take comparison pics, sorry.
Going from memory here, but the sizes & curves were pretty close to being identical (comfort while wearing was the same and both seemed to fit the same in my PC pockets). However, since the IV's have a bit of foam/padding around them, they might be just a hair smaller than the III+ multicurves (which are solid w/no foam/padding whatsoever).
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I sold my IV's in favor of the III+ multicurves so am unable to take comparison pics, sorry.
Going from memory here, but the sizes & curves were pretty close to being identical (comfort while wearing was the same and both seemed to fit the same in my PC pockets). However, since the IV's have a bit of foam/padding around them, they might be just a hair smaller than the III+ multicurves (which are solid w/no foam/padding whatsoever).
HTH...

Tomac
View Quote

Could you post a link to the 3 multicurve you purchased?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Could you post a link to the 3 multicurve you purchased?
View Quote

Battle Steel III+ Multicurve
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#33]
So other than the $99 Level 4 and the 3+ that's listed as multicurve does anyone know what other plates are multicurve?

Looking at these plates:

Botach Lvl 4 11x14 $180
https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-11x14-ballistic-hard-plates/

Level 3+ 11x14 $160
https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-11x14-ballistic-plates-m855-5-56mm-ap-protection-shooters-cut/

Level 3 11x14 $140
https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-ballistic-plates-11x14-shooters-cuts
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#34]
The level 3 plates are single curve. I bought a set hoping they were multi.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Since all I've seen in stock are the single lvl4s, should i go ahead and buy a set of these or hold out for the lvl 3+ multi? A 3+ rating is all I would really need.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Since all I've seen in stock are the single lvl4s, should i go ahead and buy a set of these or hold out for the lvl 3+ multi? A 3+ rating is all I would really need.
View Quote

Even though the ad states 'single-curve', their $99 10"x12" Lvl IV's *are* multicurve (personally verified by myself and others).
I like the III+ to save weight (although they cost 50% more), but if weight's not an issue there's no reason not to go w/the IV's (IMHO).

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered a set of the $99 Level III plates yesterday (11-04-20) with free shipping. I had messaged Botach previously, asking about the plates and was told they "have a slight multi curve to them" but their Level III+ plates were a true multi curve. The free shipping sealed my decision.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#38]
How did you get the free shipping
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I was just looking at plates, trying to make up my mind and Botach had it advertised on the 10x12 Level III's. It was the only set I saw offering free shipping.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#41]

III isn't proof against M855 which is fairly common nowadays. You could buy two of their 5lb III+ multicurve plates for the same price then add the carrier of your choice (the LAPG Low-Vis carrier, for example, is $60 and weighs 1lb 3oz). That would give you III+ protection at just over 11lbs.
If III is sufficient for your needs and you're trying for minimum weight, pick up their III plates (7lbs for 2) then a lightweight carrier (w/the LAPG you'd be at a little over 8lbs total).
III+ multicurve plates: Battle Steel III+ Multicurve Plates
If weight isn't that important to you, you could pick up their $99 IV plates (5lbs 9oz/ea), add an inexpensive carrier of your choice for about the same price as the III package you posted.

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I ended up ordering a set of the III+ multicurve plates.  I already had a set of the IV multicurve plates.

Basically have three PCs, a set of RMA 1092 in the front of two "serious" carriers and a set of IV multicurve in the back.  The set of III+ will be a "lightweight" minimalist setup that is pretty much just a gym/hiking PC.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

III isn't proof against M855 which is fairly common nowadays. You could buy two of their 5lb III+ multicurve plates for the same price then add the carrier of your choice (the LAPG Low-Vis carrier, for example, is $60 and weighs 1lb 3oz). That would give you III+ protection at just over 11lbs.
If III is sufficient for your needs and you're trying for minimum weight, pick up their III plates (7lbs for 2) then a lightweight carrier (w/the LAPG you'd be at a little over 8lbs total).
III+ multicurve plates: Battle Steel III+ Multicurve Plates
If weight isn't that important to you, you could pick up their $99 IV plates (5lbs 9oz/ea), add an inexpensive carrier of your choice for about the same price as the III package you posted.

Tomac
View Quote

Can you compare the size difference between the IV and III+ multicurves?  My main complain of the IV MC is the lack of coverage compared to a normal SAPI plate, but it looks like the III+ aren't advertised as shooters cut and look more like normal SAPI plates.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can you compare the size difference between the IV and III+ multicurves?  My main complain of the IV MC is the lack of coverage compared to a normal SAPI plate, but it looks like the III+ aren't advertised as shooters cut and look more like normal SAPI plates.
View Quote

I ended up selling my IV's in favor of the multicurve III+'s so cannot do a direct comparison now.
However, I do remember them fitting pretty much exactly the same in the PC's I tried them both in.
Since the III+ has a hard polyurethane coating instead of the IV's padding, the III+ *might* offer slightly greater coverage.
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I ended up selling my IV's in favor of the multicurve III+'s so cannot do a direct comparison now.
However, I do remember them fitting pretty much exactly the same in the PC's I tried them both in.
Since the III+ has a hard polyurethane coating instead of the IV's padding, the III+ *might* offer slightly greater coverage.
HTH...

Tomac
View Quote

can you post a front/back pic of the III+ multicuve?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
can you post a front/back pic of the III+ multicuve?
View Quote

@twistid1

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah like your said earlier that's strange it only says PE on the plate.  I really hope it's not all PE, especially considering the webpage says it's ceramic as well.  But then again it also says the lvl4 are single curve...

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks like they actually are pure PE plates, if Botach is sourcing their plates from Longfri.  I think it's established Botach's certified plates are the Longfri's so it's a safe assumption these 3+ multicurve that are labeled as only PE are probably these same PE only plates made by Longfri.

http://www.longfri.com/level-iii-pure-pe-plates/
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looks like they actually are pure PE plates, if Botach is sourcing their plates from Longfri.  I think it's established Botach's certified plates are the Longfri's so it's a safe assumption these 3+ multicurve that are labeled as only PE are probably these same PE only plates made by Longfri.

http://www.longfri.com/level-iii-pure-pe-plates/
View Quote

Apparently they *aren't* pure PE (too heavy for pure PE for one thing plus they'rated M855 per Botach's website), Buffman's quote from this thread: PE Plates vs PE/Ceramic

"I contacted BS's/Botach's supplier of the armor. The single curve III plate is SIC and 10mm of PE, and tile array. The multicurve III+ is SIC solid strike face with 12mm of PE."
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#50]
I emailed them as well and got a super fast reply.

"Thank you for your inquiry.  The level III+ SRT rifle plate on Botach is the PE/ceramic hybrid, and the plate is pressed at our factory in China.  If you want to see the ballistic data, I would be glad to send it to you."

Sucks they are advertising it as "made in usa"
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top