Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 6/16/2020 3:48:21 PM EDT
I ordered my level IV plates a couple weeks back, and Botach had listed them as shipping before 6/15 but I haven't heard anything.  Has anyone else that ordered them received them or a shipping notice?

EDIT: YES THEY ARE MULTI-CURVE EVEN THOUGH BOTACH LISTS THEM AS SINGLE CURVE!!!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You ordered from Botach? If so therein lies your answer...which equals to who knows. They have quite the reputation here. Ive had both great and horrible experiences from them and thus limit my purchases to under $50.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You ordered from Botach? If so therein lies your answer...which equals to who knows. They have quite the reputation here. Ive had both great and horrible experiences from them and thus limit my purchases to under $50.
View Quote

I can count the orders I've placed with them on one hand but I've never had an issue before.  If they stonewall, can always reverse the charges and at this point they're only a day late.  Was just curious what the rest of the hive was experiencing with their orders for these plates.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can count the orders I've placed with them on one hand but I've never had an issue before.  If they stonewall, can always reverse the charges and at this point they're only a day late.  Was just curious what the rest of the hive was experiencing with their orders for these plates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As the plates are one of their regular stocked items and not a blowout price deal, you're most likely in the clear. My last order showed up without any notification, I think it was a sling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I read another thread about their plates being delayed from Botach and being contacted about a lead time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time I ordered they shipped a day or 2 late but they did ship.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 2 weeks ago.  Got a shipping notice a few days later.  UPS still shows they havent received the package.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ordered 2 weeks ago.  Got a shipping notice a few days later.  UPS still shows they havent received the package.
View Quote

To be expected with Botach.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered mine on the 1st of June. Just checked no update on my order.
In fact the sight now reads 30 June for those who place orders today. Probably includes us. Hurry up & wait. We should of ordered before the run on armor.

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Same situation.

I ordered on June 4.
I got a shipping confirmation email the same day but the FedEx tracking number still just says label printed.
It's been almost 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
@rainmaker9 I didn't get a notification about shipping. I was under the impression somewhere around the 15th of June because at the time of order it listed 6/15/20.

Once idiots started burning buildings along with COVID-19 concerns it gave retailers the ability to get away with white lies on shipping and product availability. They will simply refer you to the COVID-19 or protest impact delays page. I should of been prepared. It sucks waiting when you know better and should of had instead of need.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@rainmaker9 I didn't get a notification about shipping. I was under the impression somewhere around the 15th of June because at the time of order it listed 6/15/20.

Once idiots started burning buildings along with COVID-19 concerns it gave retailers the ability to get away with white lies on shipping and product availability. They will simply refer you to the COVID-19 or protest impact delays page. I should of been prepared. It sucks waiting when you know better and should of had instead of need.
View Quote

Same here, no shipping notification.  Order placed June 3rd.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for not clarifying. I ordered a set of level 3 PE plates. They were in stock when I ordered on the 4th
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I've yet to get one of the Botach guys to even email me back :\
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]
ordered my first before all this 2020 crap. 2nd plate was at the start of it. first one shipped right away. 2nd one was claimed as in stock but took a couple weeks. Glad I have my 2. now is a shitty time to be looking for armor.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered some on May13 with some other stuff. Finally got a straight answer from them today after weeks of back and forth asking for updates on when the stuff might ship. Was told they have no ETA on when they will be back in stock so I just canceled the order.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered 2 of the level 4 plates on May 21.  At the time, the listing stated shipment on or before 5/31.  On 6/1 or so the listing changed to 6/15 to ship.  

Yesterday I called Botach about status and left the order# and a callback number.  They never called back but they created a UPS Ground shipping label at noon today and changed the order status to "shipped".  
The order status also shows my card has now been charged.  I'll post if/when UPS actually picks up the shipment.

EDIT: UPS picked up a 12 pound package from Botach last night. It is scheduled to arrive here on Monday.

EDIT2: The 2 plates arrived today 6-22.  They are multi-curve and the label on the back has a date of MFG of 6/15/2020.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#17]
LAPG also has their LVL III , and LVL IV available but going fast. Just picked up a set each and another cheap Atlas PC.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LAPG also has their LVL III , and LVL IV available but going fast. Just picked up a set each and another cheap Atlas PC.
View Quote
I ordered a set of IV's for my buddy. I'm thinking about buying a III and shooting it with M855A1.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I ordered a set of IV's for my buddy. I'm thinking about buying a III and shooting it with M855A1.
View Quote
their level 3 is almost the exact same stats as Battle steel level 4.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kind of.

The Battle Steel are supposed to silica carbide ceramic vs the alumina on the LAPG plates.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Kind of.

The Battle Steel are supposed to silica carbide ceramic vs the alumina on the LAPG plates.
View Quote

Can you explain why one may be better than the other in your opinion? I know nothing about plate composition & survivability. Thanks.

I did a quick research and it seems ¹boron carbide, ²silicon carbide, and ³aluminum oxide are main ceramic components and offer increased protection based off manufacturing processes. Boron being best most expensive & effective ceramic and Aluminum Oxide being the lower end of the 3 although still effective.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Can you explain why one may be better than the other in your opinion? I know nothing about plate composition & survivability. Thanks.

I did a quick research and it seems boron carbide, silicon carbide, and aluminum oxide are main ceramic components and offer increased protection based off manufacturing processes. Boron being best most expensive & effective ceramic and Aluminum Oxide being the lower end of the 3 although still effective.
View Quote

You got it.  The silicon carbide is more effective per mm and thus thinner & lighter than the aluminum ceramic based plates.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kind of.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind of.

well I was mostly talking about the physical properties. size thickness and weight.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Just hear back after a week or so...

They are waiting on the level IV plates to arrive.  So I guess when I ordered I missed the cut and will be on the next boat?

They also had to throw in there about the delay due to the surge in demand for tactical gear.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#25]
No update from Botach on when it will ship, even though the made a fedex tracking number on 4 Jun.

But I did see the post on the LAPG plates above in this thread. I ordered a level III set from them on the 19th and I just got a shipping confirmation.
The tracking number for the LAPG plates say they'll be here in 3 days on the 26th.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Still waiting for my III+ plates ordered in March.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Just received my tracking numbers for my LAPG level IV plates. They will arrive this Saturday. Wish I could say the same of Botach. They will not answer phone calls, emails, voice msgs, nada. Thank God I ordered two sets because Botach is MIA.

Update 25JUN20

Finally have a Botach Tracking number with an expected arrival of 30JUN20 but nothings been picked up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#28]
My 6/1 Botach Lvl IV order just shipped (supposedly).

They did miss the ETA by a few days; last communication said they expected a shipment on Tuesday of this week and my order should be in that batch.  So Tuesday -> Thursday, not bad I guess.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#29]
You've been botached.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Botach website indicates back ordered to 7/27 on the Level IV plates. I would imagine mil/leo orders are prioritized and civilian orders might be bumped in today's environment or maybe always? dk

Have LAPG L3 plates arriving tomorrow according to the tracking info. Ordered them on Father's day.

Hope they don't throw them at the porch like USPS does with my other packages. My NEST shows the toss every time they deliver. Fed Ex is delivering these and usually more careful with packages than USPS.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You've been botached.
View Quote

Did you read the whole thread?  Mine have shipped as of today; so they ARE fulfilling orders.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]
My LAPG plates I ordered this past Sat night were delivered today.

Still no word on the Botach plates I ordered on 4 Jun.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Under the current circumstances I will not be mad at Botach for getting my 01JUN20 order which was supposed to ship 15JUN20 to me 15 days late. I have heard far worse.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered multi curve 3+ june 4th. Listed as in stock and same day shipping on the webpage. Had a numerical quantity listed in stock too.

My order has been "awaiting processing" ever since. 3 calls, 3 emails, not a peep.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ordered multi curve 3+ june 4th. Listed as in stock and same day shipping on the webpage. Had a numerical quantity listed in stock too.

My order has been "awaiting processing" ever since. 3 calls, 3 emails, not a peep.
View Quote

[email protected]
Try a new email, addressed to Stephanie with your order number in the Subject line and end email with a V/R and your Salutation. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

[email protected]
Try a new email, addressed to Stephanie with your order number in the Subject line and end email with a V/R and your Salutation. Good luck!
View Quote

My order is from botach
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I just got an LAPG shipping notice for the level IV plates. Fedex doesn't have the package yet, so best case is Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like Botach also shipped my III+  multicurve order. Took them three weeks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#39]
My LAPG III plate arrived. Now I just need some time to shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Same here, as in ordered first week of June and haven’t received shit
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like Botach also shipped my III+  multicurve order. Took them three weeks.
View Quote

The rubber coated ones? What day did you order?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The rubber coated ones? What day did you order?
View Quote

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-ballistic-plates-m855-5-56mm-ap-protection-10x12-multi-curv/

Originally ordered June 1st.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My order is from botach
View Quote

Yeah your fucked getting through to them. I kept emailing like another member suggested and sure enough recieved tracking and they've shipped. I owe that member a beer!
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah your fucked getting through to them. I kept emailing like another member suggested and sure enough recieved tracking and they've shipped. I owe that member a beer!
View Quote

I've emailed and called a few time. No luck yet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've emailed and called a few time. No luck yet.
View Quote

It took me 2-3 emails. Calls failed everytime.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I ordered a set on Jun 4th. Still nothing...
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I got a reply from botach to the email I sent this morning.

"Hello xjronx,

We are currently waiting on the Multi-Curve plates to come into warehouse.

Please bear with us. As soon as the plates arrive we will have this order shipped out to you immediately.

Thank you

All the best"

I sent a follow up email asking when they expect that to be.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Just got an email within the hour saying the plates were in but they needed payment info again since 30 days had lapsed.  Called/left message AND emailed....we'll see where this goes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I got the same email and called them back and left a voice mail. I did not feel comfortable sending my CC info over voice mail or email so my hope was  they would call me back and I could give that info to a live person.

Less than three hours later I got the shipping confirmation, so I went back and reread the email. Apparently they lose your cc info from their system after 30 days, my order date was 6/4/20 so i was within the 30 days and the update of the CC info was not necessary.

I have the tracking number and label creation but no delivery details from UPS yet, i'll update when I have more info.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Got an email saying the issue was resolved and then another one saying they are preparing to ship.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top