Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2016 7:14:13 PM EDT
Does anyone in here that runs dual comms know whether or not a down-lead splitter can be ran from each peltor down-lead to a single amped PTT and be able to hear out of both ears?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about using a splitter, usually I just have two PTTs, one for each downlead. Left ear is team freq, right is company freq. I can listen to all the chatter and respond appropriately if there is a need for me, and I don't have to deal with an RTO to call up MIST reports to higher.

That said, I can still hear my surroundings just fine even with radios buzzing. Also, if I don't need to carry two radios, I'll use an ipod adapter in place of a PTT so I can jam out while sitting on my thumb.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Doc has it right.  You probably don't want a single PTT for multiple nets, you'll turn into that guy that everyone hates.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If I understand right, he wants to turn a double input peltor into a single he can hear out of both ears?

Quoted:

That said, I can still hear my surroundings just fine even with radios buzzing. Also, if I don't need to carry two radios, I'll use an ipod adapter in place of a PTT so I can jam out while sitting on my thumb.
View Quote

That nonsense only flies with me when I have a high cut helmet and peltor swingarms and can swing a headset out of the way to actually, you know, talk to somebody in person.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I understand right, he wants to turn a double input peltor into a single he can hear out of both ears?

That nonsense only flies with me when I have a high cut helmet and peltor swingarms and can swing a headset out of the way to actually, you know, talk to somebody in person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

this is exactly what I was going for.

That is how I have everything setup.  Ops core fast/peltor arc adapters.

Peltors are dual comm, but only using one PTT to radio.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting..

Never heard of anyone doing that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Yes it works.  Incoming comms come in loud and crystal clear from both ear muffs now using a splitter.

It's amazing the difference hearing someone talking to you through both ears makes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
For the person that emailed me asking where I got the splitter from, I am too lazy to respond via email so I'll post it here.

It was custom made by a friend who does really good work.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Update with pics on custom splitter.  

My guy does awesome work.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't know about using a splitter, usually I just have two PTTs, one for each downlead. Left ear is team freq, right is company freq. I can listen to all the chatter and respond appropriately if there is a need for me, and I don't have to deal with an RTO to call up MIST reports to higher.

View Quote
I thought I was the only one who does that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top