Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2015 11:38:33 PM EDT
Got a Crye MRB. Also have a Crye roll-up dump pouch. Can't for the life of me figure out how to attach the pouch to the belt...the hook and loop on the pouch won't mate up w/ the hook and loop on the belt so it hooks up. What am I doing wrong? I'll be needing pics. Please.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe their dump pouch in only intended to be used with the AVS and Low profile/high back belts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You could be right. I took the line in the description that said "A lightweight roll-up dump pouch designed to be fastened with VELCRO® brand hook-and-loop to the lower edge of any of our belts, CPC™, or Chassis. " to actually mean ANY belt. I guess only the high, low, and AVS had the velcro that works. I'll call them Monday and make sure, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Attach it from the up-side of the MRB so that the hook mates to the MRB's inner belt loop velcro that runs through your pants.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, so I fold the top velcro flap over the inner belt? After doing this, the top of the opening of the dump bag is above the lower edge of the MRB, so you can't just 'dump' an empty mag in it, you have to get up under the bottom of the belt and pull the bag open. That's how it's supposed to work? If so, I'll be buying something else.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
If I am remembering correctly, you actually mount the pouch upside down with the opening facing inward.

When it is stowed, you can roll it up and the Velcro flap holds it in place ABOVE  your belt.

When deployed, you undo the Velcro flap and it falls down, hinging at the top of your belt, presenting the opening for you to access.  If you have anything mounted there, it will cover it.

I will take pics of mine if I remember when I go inside. I've had a few glasses of bourbon tonight...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, that makes sense and yep I'm not so bright. Thanks for the insight
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
meh, I stared at it for a while saying "WTF did I just buy??" then it clicked lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
On the subject of the Crye roll up dump pouch, please allow me to suggest an alternative placement that some may find useful. As shown here, at the bottom of my PC:

This is something that can be done with almost any plate carrier and functions similar to the HSP "Hangar" pouches, except for the fact it does not interfere with any front lid retaining straps because it is sandwiched inside the plate pocket rather than adhered to outer velcro field.

This location I've found is beneficial in several regards. Loading to and from the dump pouch is potentially faster not only because of the shorter distance traversed, but also from the simple ability to look down and see what you're reaching for. (No more grabbing twinkies or cupcakes by mistake.)

When deployed the weight is centered over your stomach which is far less obtrusive, entangling and annoying under movement than one constantly slapping against your legs. Best of all, this placement allows you to multipurpose your dump pouch for a variety of tasks; be it an IFAK, ammo sack, or just anything you might occasionally need storage for.

For those of you like me who normally wouldn't consider carrying a dump pouch, this is one low profile option you might find worth evaluating yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top