Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 10:49:52 AM EDT
Hey, all.

I am looking for a soft shell jacket that has specific features for backpacking.  There are lots of them that I have found that have a handful of my desired features, but none that I have found that have them all.   Any help?

A VERY close one is the Tru Spec 24/7 softshell ... but it is missing the windproof feature I need.  Condors soft shells are close, but lack the size zips for CCW.  

Features I desire:

Sleeve pockets
Front hand warmer pockets
Underarm zip vents
Side zips for access to concealed carry
YKK zippers
WINDPROOF and breathable
Adjustable arm cuffs
Mandarin collar
Good down to about 40 degrees (subjective, I know)
water resistance is nice but not a deal breaker (I really don't want waterproof as it doesn't breathe as well.. .even Goretex)
It doesn't have to be tactical (I realize it might be hard to find CCW size zips on non "tactical" jackets though)
Athletic/tapered cut would be nice but not required
Vertical chest zip pocket would be not but not a deal breaker
Color of gray or something neutral that isn't coyote or camo.
Less that $200 (this is negotiable if I get that "wow" factor from it)

I'm not very demanding... haha.

Thank for any help you can offer!

Yirmeyahu

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Vertx Softshell (the regular, not ops version).

Has side zips to access your CCW. Navy color is on sale on their website for $129.

Edit: only thing it doesn't have are the shoulder arm pockets

Also, softshells by nature will be windproof in some degree, regardless of it being advertised as being windproof or not.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Helikon has one that fits the bill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top