Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2015 3:09:37 PM EDT
So I've been living in the UK for about a year and after recovering from firearms withdrawal and exploring the island I came to the realization that my packs weren't exactly low key in size or coloration. Smacking people with my giant coyote/OD green/Multicam pack everytime I turned around in the tube/museum/shopping center was getting old and so I began to look for a better mousetrap.

I looked at tons of packs from all the usual suspects but for one reason or another they just didn't work for me. The TT/GGG Removable Operator Pack came close but it lacked the organization I wanted and it was too narrow for the back stiffener I use.

I finally found what I've been looking for in a company called Direct Action which I believe is an offshoot of the Polish company Helikon Tex. They introduced three packs last year and their smallest pack (the Dust) was perfect for my needs. This pack is listed on their website as Ranger Green however it is a perfect match to Tactical tailor and camelbak foliage.

The loadout that needs a home. The left half is for the main compartment. The right half is for the admin pouch.

All tucked in.

Here's a picture for size reference. The idea was to get a small pack that was juuust big enough to fit the back stiffener( Before anyone asks why I don't just trim the stiffener, it's a IIIA Kevlar/Dyneema panel. Paranoid? Maybe, but aren't we all?) but small enough that I'm not bumping into every nice English person in a three foot radius.

Like I said I ordered the Ranger Green one but it's Foliage/Grey as all get out.

The laser cut Molle slots give a really slick feel to the bag and the sides have baffels to accept Nalgene sized water bottles that zipper way when not
in use. The stitching is reinforced very clean with no stray threads.

Ultimately this pack has met my needs perfectly. Does this back still stand out from the European shoulder bags? Sure does. Could I have bought a civilian pack and blended in with the general populace better? Absolutely, but I don't think I would have been anywhere near as happy. This thing is great whether I'm causing mischief in the woods or downtown London. Any critiques or observations are welcome.

Bonus pic from when I was OPFOR this week

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the pics and nice review. Where did you buy this one?
I see Amazon has them for $122- or something like that.
Now you need to buy the other 2 models and give reviews on them!

I run a IIIA panel in all of mine too, although that adds an extra lb, but so what!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a nice looking pack.... I'm going to have to investigate further.

Tag.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My recommendation would be the Kelty Peregrine 29 for a EDC pack to carry a load that big. That pack you have there looks great if you don't care to advertise "mil guy", but for me I wouldn't want that pack for EDC around the city.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the pics and nice review. Where did you buy this one?
I see Amazon has them for $122- or something like that.
Now you need to buy the other 2 models and give reviews on them!

I run a IIIA panel in all of mine too, although that adds an extra lb, but so what!
View Quote

I found mine on military first for £64 shipped (about $100). I'm dying to get my hands on the Ghost but the warden would skin me alive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have used mine for 5 trips in the desert and really like it. Not too big or too small.
I am thinking about another one for the wife. Great pack, nicely made...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top