Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 6:13:17 PM EDT
Ok I have a PIG Brig and set of large sapi plates that I picked up from a guy in a trade for some 40 ammo I had sitting around and some AR parts. I was looking at SKD's web site and I am trying to figure out if I should get the three or four mag or MOLLE carrier for the front. I have also been looking at just running a chest rig with this. I saw some of you guy's have the PIG Brig and some of you are running the tree mag panel on these and I thought I saw some with the four mag panel. Who here has what and how does it work for you and which one would you recommend? Also why is it that if you want one of the mag panels in multicam you have pay an extra five bucks for it? Should I just pass on one of these and go straight to a chest rig to run with the Brig or should I get one of the mag panels and then get a chest rig?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the CR harness and use it both with and without the CR directly attached.  I don't have the 3/4 mag CR because I'm a dirty whore with extra money so I got the all molle version and slapped on TACOs.

I think it's tits honestly but it gets dirty as shit.  I don't run around in brush but I imagine it would fray the ever loving shit out of the velcro.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about doing that myself but add Esstac Kywi's to it as all I am running is 5.56. I also saw the harness to make it into a chest harness but right now I am just looking at getting one of the CR's or trying to figure if I should just run a chest rig.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ghost, FYI the Brig CR Mag Panels have actual Esstac KYWI inserts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking about doing that myself but add Esstac Kywi's to it as all I am running is 5.56. I also saw the harness to make it into a chest harness but right now I am just looking at getting one of the CR's or trying to figure if I should just run a chest rig.

Ghost, FYI the Brig CR Mag Panels have actual Esstac KYWI inserts

Yeah I saw that I loves me some KYWI gear. I was just scratching my head trying to figure out why the multicam stuff is $5.00 more if you order it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 3 mag verstion that attaches right to the brig.  It works great for what it is.  Makes a very minimalist rig.  I take off the 3 mag carrier and put my chest rig (esstac boar split front) over that if I feel the need for more ammo and other gear.  Both options work, its nice to have the flexibility to have the plate carrier and be able change ammo and what not depending on your needs at the time.

Eta:

I don't have a hydration carrier on my Brig because I got the slick back version, but I do on my chest rig so that factors in for me too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have the 3 mag verstion that attaches right to the brig.  It works great for what it is.  Makes a very minimalist rig.  I take off the 3 mag carrier and put my chest rig (esstac boar split front) over that if I feel the need for more ammo and other gear.  Both options work, its nice to have the flexibility to have the plate carrier and be able change ammo and what not depending on your needs at the time.

Eta:

I don't have a hydration carrier on my Brig because I got the slick back version, but I do on my chest rig so that factors in for me too.
View Quote

Thanks. I was thinking about going that route myself. Get the CR and then get a Esstac chest rig. I have been looking at the split front rigs. Like you I was thinking of being able to just swap out the CR for the chest rig of the need should arise. My Brig has the MOLLE back so I was thinking of getting a hydration pack after I get me CR or chest rig and when funds allow.

On the chest rig I have been looking at the Bush Boar A1 and the Iberian Boar rig. The only thing about the Iberian boar is I am not sure how the pistol mag's are on it. Do you set the inserts to the height you need to be able to pt your certain pistol mag's in or what? I know on the Bush Boar A1 you need to get pistol pouches and attach them to the front.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the esstac pistol pouch's and you can move the inserts up and down just like the rifle mag pouchs.  I like the split front design and the option to put mags and my IFAK where I want to.  I don't think I'd like the Iberian because the IFAK looks like it would be in the way of a pistol draw and I like having my pistol mags more to the center of my rig.  Also the fact that there isn't clips on the zipper.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the esstac pistol pouch's and you can move the inserts up and down just like the rifle mag pouchs.  I like the split front design and the option to put mags and my IFAK where I want to.  I don't think I'd like the Iberian because the IFAK looks like it would be in the way of a pistol draw and I like having my pistol mags more to the center of my rig.  Also the fact that there isn't clips on the zipper.
View Quote

I was looking at that and was wondering if the IFAK would get in the way of my pistol draw. I will look at the split front rig and see if I might be able to catch one on the EE when I can. I think the CR would work for light work and the be able to drop it and throw on the chest rig for heavier work if the need arises.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top