Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 7:37:16 AM EDT
Trying to find the best places.  Looking for 8-10 pocket design with button fly and hook and loop on all pockets. Looking for good combat shirts in Multi also.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were you I'd get something other than issued multicams.  They're really not that great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Also I don't think issued Multicam had hook and loop on the cargo pockets. Atleast the ones I was issued dont.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Ight, on the issued OCP (multicam) uniforms...

They aren't ACU's, they're FRACU's. 'Fire Retardant' chemical coated/soaked. Or so we're told. It's actually a bug repelant, but they only remain effective FR for the first eleven washes or something.

The material doesn't seem the same because of how fast it wears and the way it rips, always feels grungy/greasy/dirty, very cold on cold mornings, and they seem to fit differently. The last part may or may not be true. Many guys that have never ripped out ACU's were ripping the croches out liike crazy. I think the croch is cut lower. That, or the material grabs instead of slides on skin, so instead of riding up when moving legs, the pants stay and rip.

The best source for any USGI clothing and equipment is going to be ebay. If you issue it to soldiers/troopers/marines/airmen/sailors/etc, it'll end up on ebay en masse. Brand new, lightly used, or used to shit for those of us that might want to buy something there for turn in (keeping our original item).

I'd suggest getting something better than OCP FRACU's if you want something that feels and wears nicely. As for buttons/velcro on the cargo pockets; big mistake, get the buttons. Velcro isn't only noisy, but the cargo pockets velcro usually wears our and your pockets hang open. We were happy there were buttons on the cargo pockets of SOME of the FRACUs we were issued.

There's a lot of the MOLLE GEN III stuff on ebay. That is GREAT stuff, for the price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Join the Army. They'll give all you need.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Join the Army. They'll give all you need.
View Quote

True dat. Why play army if you're able to be army?

EDIT: Risks include: it destroying you in Basic Training, serious injury or death, likely to end up with TBI to some degree, and making a career out of a combat arms MOS will likely leave you physically and/or mentally broken.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so some of you don't like Multicam, its just I have the Propper A-TACS FG pants, jacket and battle shirt and I like the fit and camo pattern. I was just looking for some other clothes and patterns.
Also It was early in the morning I posted and I made a mistake, I ment I don't want hook and loop/Velcro, I want all buttons on the pockets and button fly.  But thanks for some insight on the Multicam.

I have really been checking out the patterns and gathering info here.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/camo-improvement/index.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top