Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you already have G-code stuff, this is what you're after:
http://www.optactical.com/grtiackitfor.html
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm wearing (right now) one of the holsters you linked (for work, not hobby).

What I use as a modular system is the Blackhawk Serpa gear. Same gear as issued in my old Cavalry unit 9so the gear can take abuse, is safe, etc. These Safariland holsters are BIG and the retention style is bulky. I wouldn't mount one of these on your chest with molle like we did with the Serpa holsters (plus thigh and belt). The Safariland is more for LE, using big duty belts, with their sidearm as their primary [lethal force] weapon.

Just something to consider
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent you IM with a link to a place that sells everything you need for G  Code and adapters and hardware you need to set up all kinds of holsters for G Code RTI systems.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting comments.  I also have the alternative of using a variety of Safariland mil-style nylon fabric holsters.  They will attach to PALS webbing as-is, and there is always the cheap, but effective milsurp holster drop accessory.

I don't think that I would ever consider a chest-worn pistol, for a variety of reasons, unless I was a tanker, going through hatches and so forth on a regular basis.  Side, maybe.

Just looking for as many options for the new addition, plastic Safariland holster as might be available.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm wearing (right now) one of the holsters you linked (for work, not hobby).

What I use as a modular system is the Blackhawk Serpa gear. Same gear as issued in my old Cavalry unit 9so the gear can take abuse, is safe, etc. These Safariland holsters are BIG and the retention style is bulky. I wouldn't mount one of these on your chest with molle like we did with the Serpa holsters (plus thigh and belt). The Safariland is more for LE, using big duty belts, with their sidearm as their primary [lethal force] weapon.

Just something to consider

Interesting comments.  I also have the alternative of using a variety of Safariland mil-style nylon fabric holsters.  They will attach to PALS webbing as-is, and there is always the cheap, but effective milsurp holster drop accessory.

I don't think that I would ever consider a chest-worn pistol, for a variety of reasons, unless I was a tanker, going through hatches and so forth on a regular basis.  Side, maybe.

Just looking for as many options for the new addition, plastic Safariland holster as might be available.

I don't have any experience with tanks much, but I could definitely see chest mounted for a Bradley (CFV). What I have time with is driving and gunning on guntrucks, to include highly built up areas/cities. When you're rifle (M4 Carbine) is either behind or beside your seat, and there's a door open, it can make you quickly aware of how ready you aren't. Or driving slowly (or stopped) in a city at night, up in a gunner's turret, on a truck that has a ladder going up the back of it.

But all that crap aside, it's great for drivers. Also in vehicles, having something on the hip or leg isn't comfortable or easy to draw from. Especially if you're kitted up or it's a smaller vehicle or space (like any driver's seat). That's where the Serpa exceeds all the others, as you can use the quick detach bits to take it off your leg and quickly put it on your chest, and vise versa. All without drawing your weapon, which is safer. Especially doing it quickly, in the dark, etc. That's how we used them. For the US Army to go out of it's way to order and equip guys with that all that shit isn't something you see every day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Safariland QLS to switch between my duty belt and a thigh rig almost every day. It adds a little standoff between the holster and the belt loop or leg shroud, but it's very quick and simple to use. I also use it to switch between my Glock and 1911 holsters on my personal belt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been on the Safariland site, and looked over some of this stuff.  Their pix and text explanations are a bit on the shy side of working for me.

Anyone willing to walk me through their accessories?
View Quote

Yeah their sight is not very informative on anything. I ran into the same problem and even called them a few times and they people I spoke with did not act like they knew or understood what I was asking and about some of the stuff I was asking about.

I gave up and I just look around here and eBay for the stuff I need. I finally just decided to go with G Code adapters for my holster and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, insofar as Safariland QD options, you've got either the MLS or the QLS.

The Military Locking System comes in all the cool guy colors. The larger fork goes on your holster, which fits in either of the MLS plates. The fork can also go directly onto PALS webbing, but it's not ideal.
The MLS has a tear-away function inherent to the strength of the plastic- so as to not keep you hung up on parachute rigging and the like. I have this setup on all my Holsters, and am not worried about it breaking off.

The Quick Lock System is designed with LE in mind- it has no inherent breakaway capabilities. Same concept of fork on holster body, then into various plates.
It seems like the QLS is the more popular choice- many of the cool-guy holsters such as the USN for lights and opticscome with the QLS standard.

Eta: I forgot the ELS, but that's for mag pouches and competition accessories.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
CavScout speaks with wisdom in all of his posts on the subject. I agree 100% with everything he mentioned.

I always stuck my pistol in the kangaroo pouch of my chest rig when I was driving on the mean streets in Kabul and Kandahar. It made getting into action a whole helluva lot faster than any other method.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for the G-Code RTI system. I have run the gamut of holsters from a 6004, to a Serpa, G-Code, and back to a 6004 series (hard to find good light bearing holsters). RTI saved my safarilands. I wear mine in a RTI Duty drop on both of my rigs and it clears armor beautifully. No more leg straps, no more restriction or interference when running/climbing/etc.

I favor the RTI over the comparative offerings from Blackhawk (Serpa quick connect system) and Safariland (MLS is the only one I have experience with). RTI just seems much more streamlined and less standoff from my body.

Drawing from the chest was far more convenient while in vehicles. I kept an M4 double pouch empty for this very purpose. Now I have practiced drawing from the belt enough that I don't any longer. I do not, however, favor a chest mounted holster for any amount of time. I found they interfere with my rifle either in shouldering, unorthodox shooting positions, or reloads. Handgun is there to save me if the rifle goes down... not prohibit the rifle from doing it's job. As with any kind of gear choice or modification, you have to shake it out to make sure that it works for you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#14]
The QLS system is safariland  adaptable system. You can try conquest or holster ops for more/better info as to what suits your needs
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I use the QLS/MLS(molle) system as well..........its a great system that allows the user to transition his holster from say a casual paddle holster to his/her battle belt, or to your plate carrier.......the possibilities are endless.

Its comprised of a receiver plate that will attach directly to your ubl drop holster portion, or say the paddle portion of your holster set up.........then you attach a locking fork to the back of your actuall holster.......thats it .......slide the holster off the receiver and transition to what ever other receiver plate that you like.  Here are pics of me transitioning my holster from paddle holster to battle belt ....now with the MLS(molle locking system) its basically a third piece you weave through your molle say on Plate carrier that the locking receiver attaches to, then your holster to locking receiver........hope this all helps

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I really want to get one of these holsters, any coupons out there?

I've never bought from Atlantic Tactical over the net, but I have given their Harrisburg store lots of business.  They carry a decent selection of Safariland gear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Found this. I took it just to show a friend one of the holsters I painted.

I believe future trending will be compacts, subcompacts, and the 'slim' style carry guns as military/field/etc sidearms. For soldiers with primary weapons like M4's, M249's, etc; the weight and size of the current full sized favorites are just too much for a mere backup weapon. The Army intends to get 7000 subcompacts when it (supposedly, and yet again...) chooses a new sidearm. I wouldn't bet the farm, but it's likely they'll end up having more subcompacts issued than full sized in the future.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top