Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 2:52:00 PM EDT
I am trying a new PC setup that is centered around the ability to remove the rack from a chest rig and put it on the PC (like the Haley D3). I currently have the lightweight Level IV standalone plates from bulletproofme where I got 2 front plates (have always fit better in my experience) and have a Crye JPC as my 'house' setup right now.. I don't plan on wearing side plates.

This initially has me leaning towards the LPAAC as I remember seeing it was designed with just this in mind; hold plates and leave the front slick for a chest rig as it was setup with Swift clips and had velcro ontop of the molle. I had dismissed the APC due to this but I'm not sure if they updated it, but from reading the description for the APC, it now has swift clips and the molle as well and looks to actually give you more room underneath your arms as the LPAAC looks to ride up a bit higher there.

So what's the deal now? Is the APC just as good as taking a Haley D3 type setup now as the LPAAC or am I missing something? Would they both be as low profile, or is one better at taking the chest rig so it doesn't stick out further or somehow start to angle upward?

Here's both links for descriptions:

LPAAC

APC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The LPAAC is not just a plate carrier, it's designed to hold soft armor panels in addition to hard plates, so it's bulkier.

Otherwise, the two are very similar.  The LPAAC is basically the APC with the added soft armor carriers attached under the plate pockets.

With newer manufactured APCs and LPAACs, they include QASM buckles and loop velcro sewn to the webbing on the front flap to allow integration to the D3 and mayflower chest rigs, like this:

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The LPAAC is not just a plate carrier, it's designed to hold soft armor panels in addition to hard plates, so it's bulkier.

Otherwise, the two are very similar.  The LPAAC is basically the APC with the added soft armor carriers attached under the plate pockets.

With newer manufactured APCs and LPAACs, they include QASM buckles and loop velcro sewn to the webbing on the front flap to allow integration to the D3 and mayflower chest rigs, like this:

http://cdn3.volusion.com/nycpv.bpezo/v/vspfiles/photos/APC-4.jpg?1388772380
View Quote

Yeah that's what I was wondering. I remember the original APC not having this and then it does. Looks like I wasn't going crazy.

Looks like with both being similar, and the APC being less bulk as well as having the velcro/Swift clips, the APC would be better since it would be less bulky and I don't want side plates.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you plan on buying the soft armor backer for the LPAAC, then it's kinda useless. I went with the LPAAC so I can remove the plates and still have IIIA level soft armor or have both soft and hard that covers slightly more like the sides and higher up on the shoulders.  Also what was mentioned earlier. Just decide if you want (custom cut) soft backers or not and go from there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah that's what I was wondering. I remember the original APC not having this and then it does. Looks like I wasn't going crazy.

Looks like with both being similar, and the APC being less bulk as well as having the velcro/Swift clips, the APC would be better since it would be less bulky and I don't want side plates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn3.volusion.com/nycpv.bpezo/v/vspfiles/photos/APC-4.jpg?1388772380

I think the Haley D3 was designed specifically to fit the APC but I could be completely wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top