Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2014 10:09:35 AM EDT
I have an ILBE pack that I enjoy using, but my only gripe is that there's no PALS/MOLLE webbing on the belt.

Without having to go through the pain of modding the existing belt or fabricating a new one, does anyone know if the Kifaru duplex belt or the Hill People Gear prarie belt would work as a drop-in replacement for the standard ILBE belt?

If so, which would be better?  Does anyone here have experience with those specific mods?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone make a PALS/Molle "sleeve", for lack of a better term, that could fit over the existing belt?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you trying to attach?  There may be a better solution than adding PALS.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Funny you should mention this, but I happened across some sleeves that would do so.  Surplus, and mde in CB by Eagle.  They would only fit on the webbing which extends from the front, padded portions of the ILBE waistbelt, and which are terminated by the waistbelt buckle.

Problem is that in  most cases, small MOLLE pouches with PALS webbing can attach directly to the 2" wide webbing belt, so there is really no need for sleeves.  Moreover, itr is generally considered a wise practice to keep the front of such belts unencumbered by anything except the smallest and thinnest of pouches.  I know of no sleeve that would fit over the padded portion of the waistbelt, although something could be made, I reckon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone make a PALS/Molle "sleeve", for lack of a better term, that could fit over the existing belt?

Funny you should mention this, but I happened across some sleeves that would do so.  Surplus, and mde in CB by Eagle.  They would only fit on the webbing which extends from the front, padded portions of the ILBE waistbelt, and which are terminated by the waistbelt buckle.

Problem is that in  most cases, small MOLLE pouches with PALS webbing can attach directly to the 2" wide webbing belt, so there is really no need for sleeves.  Moreover, itr is generally considered a wise practice to keep the front of such belts unencumbered by anything except the smallest and thinnest of pouches.  I know of no sleeve that would fit over the padded portion of the waistbelt, although something could be made, I reckon.

IDK. I haven't looked at the IBLE belt close enough.

I've run a canteen and compass pouch on the Molle waist belt on my Hellcat Alice without a problem.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Like I said earlier, never seen an IBLE in person, only in pix.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The channels on the ILBE belt where the aluminum stays fit are an important feature of the back. Those are what transfer a lot of the weight off your shoulder and onto your waist.

Looking at the Hill Country belt, it MAY work, as evidenced by the the two slots located on the rear of the belt.

No clue what the spacing there is.

Worse comes to worse, you could half-ass it by not sticking the aluminum stays into the belt, but just wrap the straps around both the struts and the belt. Hard to explain, here's how they're supposed to fit:

See the straps of 1" webbing strapped around the aluminum struts and stuffed into the belt? Imagine them wrapped around the entire belt.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What are you trying to attach?  There may be a better solution than adding PALS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'd like to have a holster on my right and a canteen & small pouch (for my phone, compass, etc) on my left.

Quoted:

<snip>

Worse comes to worse, you could half-ass it by not sticking the aluminum stays into the belt, but just wrap the straps around both the struts and the belt. Hard to explain, here's how they're supposed to fit:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/NickHugelarge/37aec3a51865cc201590ab99c2802d47_zps33be9674.jpg
See the straps of 1" webbing strapped around the aluminum struts and stuffed into the belt? Imagine them wrapped around the entire belt.

I know exactly what you're talking about.  I've watched Marines assemble their packs that way with the STANDARD belt....
I don't know if you would get the same load tratransfer performance,  but it would be worth investigating.

raf, I'll give both manufacturers a call later today and report back with my findings.

Quoted:

I'm not sure if this would work, but it might be worth checking out.  These are sleeves that Crye designed for their blast belt.

Link
http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-ACCB4L02LG0/Belt-Side-Sleeves
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#10]
As far as a holster, I would suggest a drop rig on your regular belt instead.  There is a multtide of reasons for that.  For the other side, could you just wrap the attachment straps around the hip belt itself?  If you are set on PALS, the molle sleeves from Crye might work.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Emailed Kifaru,  waiting for a response.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I sent Kifaru with some pictures of the measurements around the hip/lumbar section and they said it's a no go.

Off to email Hill People Gear.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy a belt from kifaru or someone else and pay 15 bucks to have a mamasan sew two stay pockets on the belt for you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Hill People Gear said their belt works with the ILBE.... but it only comes in Ranger and Foliage Green... I'm looking for Coyote

Okay, so let’s say I don’t do the PALS webbing belt thing… what would be the best way to keep my “war belt”/ first line gear readily accessible while wearing the pack?

I'd like to stay away from drop legs if possible, the whole idea behind the molle belt (and particularly the prairie belt) was to have something that detaches from the pack for use as a stand-alone belt.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you only run a war belt, or do you have a chest rig also?  This is where a dual system works well.  You can wear your chest rig while your pack is on and keep your war belt slung across the top of the pack, or attached some other way.  That way you still have a fighting load accessible.  As far as a holster, if you use an RTI adapter, you can have a mount on your war belt, and I am sure there is some way you could mount a RTI wheel some way on the waist belt of the ILBE.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a Mayflower 7.62 placard for my Mayflower APC.  I also use a belt to hold my handgun, a couple mags, first aid, and a small water bottle.

I like to keep the APC very low profile, so I only have the 3 mags on it.  Pretty much all my other first line gear goes on my belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top