Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 6:41:27 PM EDT
Anyone have these, or know anything about them? Supposedly 4lbs (in medium SAPI cut), .50 inches thick, Level 4. Sounds very similar to Velocity Systems BZ plates, but with an actual NIJ rating.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have these, or know anything about them? Supposedly 4lbs (in medium SAPI cut), .50 inches thick, Level 4. Sounds very similar to Velocity Systems BZ plates, but with an actual NIJ rating.

http://i58.tinypic.com/344xg7n.jpg
View Quote

Eclipse plates were discontinued years ago. They are not 4 lbs and .50 inches thick unless that's an in-conjunction plate and I don't remember an ICW Eclipse model (but there very well might be one). They should be around 5.6 pounds for a Medium, 1.2 inches thick, and were certified NIJ04, if memory serves correctly.

I never knew why those plates were discontinued but it always seemed strange. I think the last Eclipse was made in 2009 so that would make them a minimum of 5 years old. They were cutting-edge when released and their specs still exceed about 98% of what's available, minus the front protection for the drop-test requirement of NIJ06.

Those do appear to be the Eclipse stand-alone model.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eclipse plates were discontinued years ago. They are not 4 lbs and .50 inches thick unless that's an in-conjunction plate and I don't remember an ICW Eclipse model (but there very well might be one). They should be around 5.6 pounds for a Medium, 1.2 inches thick, and were certified NIJ04, if memory serves correctly.

I never knew why those plates were discontinued but it always seemed strange. I think the last Eclipse was made in 2009 so that would make them a minimum of 5 years old. They were cutting-edge when released and their specs still exceed about 98% of what's available, minus the front protection for the drop-test requirement of NIJ06.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i58.tinypic.com/344xg7n.jpg

These don't appear to be 1.2" thick. Is this possible they are .5" and stand alone? The plate doesn't say ICW...

ETA: Here are a set sold by a previous arfcommer. The tags appear to be different. That's why I created this thread, I'm concerned that the set I posted may be a counterfeit?
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=1229515

Stock pictures from SKD Tactical appear to show them thicker as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
1/2" thick stand-alone BAE Eclipse level 4? No, not a chance from that era of plates. The possibility of it is a flat out zero.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the plates that were sold By SKD......they are indeed 1in thick and mediums weigh about 5.5lbs.......now that said I had a gentleman try to sell me the exact same plate your asking about........I called at tactical advantage cause they sold the same plate but were absolute jerks and wouldn't give me any info on them......I tried to find any info I could, even called BAE.......nothing........I passed on them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top