Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 6:59:07 PM EDT
I have an ares ranger belt that I always wear. I also have a war belt with hsgi tacos that I use at the range. What can I add to the tacos to clip onto a belt so I don't have to use a big war belt all the time?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Raven concealment makes moduloaders for the hsgi taco mounting to a Ares Ranger or any gun belt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Raven concealment makes moduloaders for the hsgi taco mounting to a Ares Ranger or any gun belt.
View Quote

+1 I got away from the Warbelt concept and use a moduloader for my taco. Works good so far. A bit pricey for what it is but......
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also just run the belt through the malice clips.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Down Range Gear
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can also just run the belt through the malice clips.
View Quote

How well does that work and do they sag and lean?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I've run the down range gear adapters and the moduloader both in classes so I'm speaking from experience, the moduloader is 10x better and you can run them at two different heights with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've run the down range gear adapters and the moduloader both in classes so I'm speaking from experience, the moduloader is 10x better and you can run them at two different heights with it.
View Quote

Ravens website is a little confusing to me. I just want to be able to stick two pistol tacos on it and use it on my belt. They have this finger size thing... Maybe I will call them in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ravens website is a little confusing to me. I just want to be able to stick two pistol tacos on it and use it on my belt. They have this finger size thing... Maybe I will call them in the morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two pistol TACOs = a three finger Moduloader
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they have two different moduloaders. A $20 one and a $25 one
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they don't. The item for $25 is an actual TACO pouch, not the Moduloader. This is what you want. Pick the three finger option for two pistol TACOs, choose your carry method, and that's it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Frames come in four sizes.  The pouch configuration you want will determine which size you select.  Each size has a different number of vertical "fingers" (5, 4, 3 or 2).  The fingers slide behind two of the horizontal rows of webbing on the inside face of the pouch and are secured by installing the included bracket along the bottom of the Frame.  Taco rifle mag pouches use two fingers, pistol mag pouches use one finger.  If you will be mounting more than one pouch on a Frame you must skip a finger between each pouch.  For example, if you want to mount two rifle mag carriers on a Frame, you would order a 5 finger Frame.  The two rifle mag carriers would mount on the four outer fingers leaving an empty finger in the middle of the Frame assembly.  If you want to assemble a frame for one rifle and one pistol mag carrier, you would select a 4 finger frame.  If you want to assemble a Frame for two pistol mag carriers, you would select the 3 finger Frame.  If you want to assemble a Frame for one rifle mag carrier, you would select a two finger Frame.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok I ordered a three finger with the pancake wings to run with my belt. The lady on the phone told me the pancake wings work best with the ares belt. Anyone can confirm this?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok I ordered a three finger with the pancake wings to run with my belt. The lady on the phone told me the pancake wings work best with the ares belt. Anyone can confirm this?
View Quote

I like the belt loops cause you can turn the loops and run them at 2 different heights.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like the belt loops cause you can turn the loops and run them at 2 different heights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can do that with the pancake loops as well assuming you aren't using the 2" ones.

Both the standard loops and the pancakes work great with the Ares belt. Pancakes are a bit more low profile, they are also more stable- won't shift as much with less belt tension.  The pancakes do have a wider footprint as well, this is more comfortable but takes up more real estate on the belt.

I used to run the moduloader setup and loved it to draw from... Reholstering tacos is a pain in the dick though, I now just run RCS kydex pouches instead for both pistol and rifle mags.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can do that with the pancake loops as well assuming you aren't using the 2" ones.

Both the standard loops and the pancakes work great with the Ares belt. Pancakes are a bit more low profile, they are also more stable- won't shift as much with less belt tension.  The pancakes do have a wider footprint as well, this is more comfortable but takes up more real estate on the belt.

I used to run the moduloader setup and loved it to draw from... Reholstering tacos is a pain in the dick though, I now just run RCS kydex pouches instead for both pistol and rifle mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the pancakes for a 1.5" belt...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top