Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 12:15:43 PM EDT
I had always just assumed that MARPAT and other digital woodland type patterns would be superior to Multicam in these types of environments. But after watching videos of these two camo patterns in action, I have concluded that they are pretty much equal. Neither pattern offers perfect coloration for the deeply green vegetation of temperate forests during late Spring/Summer seasons. The Multicam is just a little too light. The MARPAT is just a little too dark. But the overall end result is the same. Both are very effective. And based on the video comparison, I don't think Multicam is at all inferior in this type of environment. Human beings by nature tend to be much closer to ground level than the treetops where most of the woodland vegetation tends to be. Thus, Multicam works just fine there. And for temperate regions, the Multicam only gets better from Fall through early spring. It really is hard to judge the effects of camo just seeing it in still photos or when wearing it yourself. But seeing the two in video tests in the same location has been quite enlightening. It has caused me to rethink my previous notion of woodland MARPAT superiority for my area during the Summer months.

BTW, not to get off topic here, but does anyone else notice anything strange about some of the (cough) "vegetation" in this guy's videos? There appears to be something very similar looking to a certain plant notable for producing stoning effects and munchies present during some of these shots, most notably at about the 1:14 mark in the MARPAT video where the guy stands up in a cluster of the stuff. If that is really what it appears it might be, that guy's weapon and camo might come in quite handy if the '"caretaker" catches this fella sneaking around in his crop.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks to me like the MARPAT does not show up as well. By the way, I would not consider those very dark woods. The pacific NW woods are a lot darker. I think it comes down to your AO. Search for Mt Hood National Forest or Oregon Forest. Around here are forests are deep dark green...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top