Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 5:06:51 AM EDT
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

The rise in body armor among the civilian population has been trending upward the last several years due to a variety of factors--economic fears, lower cost of armor (especially soft panels and steel plates), and a better understanding of the capabilities of these systems have all helped in the proliferation of civilian owned/used body armor.

Most plate carriers or body armor systems on the market are marketed toward the military/LE community however; the features and prices reflect it as well.    One offering out now on the lower end of the cost spectrum is the Condor XPC.   It comes to market around $60-90 and claims to offer some of the features of the top notch offerings out there so I snatched one up to see if it's true.

Pros:
-Cost.  It's probably going to be the driving factor for most folks looking at this rig.
-It can be used with just soft armor, plates, or a combination of the two.
-Available in black, tan, OD green, and multicam.
-Hook and loop sections on the front and back for nametapes, patches, ect...  These sections can still be used with MOLLE compatible accessories.
-Fully adjustable cumberbun.
-Did much better in my drag test that I expected honestly.
-Adjustable shoulder straps.
-Shoulder strap padding is better than some of Condor's previous offerings that I've seen.
-Comes in S/M (takes 10x12.5'' plates) and L/XL (takes 10.5x14.5'' plates)

Cons:
-I'm not a fan of the mesh interior lining.  They say it's for cooling but I'd prefer some normal cordura for increased durability.
-The hydration tube loops seem like they don't integrate well into the design.  I'd like to see them redesigned.
-There is a map pouch in the front.  It doesn't fold down like many other carriers though.  That's probably just a personal preference thing however.
-I have a bunch of plate carriers; the stitching on this isn't as heavy as some of my high end carriers--no doubt about it.  But, for most non-military folks it'll likely hold up just fine.   Time will tell I suppose.

Here's a review/overview video with some shooting, a drag test, a discussion of the features of the carrier, and just my thoughts on it overall:

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice review, thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the review. I'm closing in on purchasing a carrier or chest rig. This will get thrown in the consideration pile.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no idea what your're talking about with the hydro routes b/c the pictures cut it off. Can we get another photo?
Why the $30 price difference? Paying for multicam or just different vendors?
In picture #1, it appears rows 2,3, & 4 need an extra bartack on the outsides.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no idea what your're talking about with the hydro routes b/c the pictures cut it off. Can we get another photo?
Why the $30 price difference? Paying for multicam or just different vendors?
In picture #1, it appears rows 2,3, & 4 need an extra bartack on the outsides.
View Quote

The hydro routes are those little tabs sticking up on the shoulder pads that can be seen in the video---as I stated above, I'm not a fan of them either.     That's probably why you didn't recognize them; they just look out of place.

Agreed on the need for another bartack.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have a picture of the shoulders?  Curious to see the hydro loops that you are talking about.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Good video.

Great Youtube channel. Keep it up Brother we need the intel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a picture of the shoulders?  Curious to see the hydro loops that you are talking about.

CHRIS
View Quote

I don't have any uploaded to a sharing site, sorry.   But if you go to around the 3:20 mark in the video they are the tabs sticking off the shoulder pad that I remove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top