Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 10:01:56 AM EDT
If you had to choose without price being a factor what would you pick and why?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
JPC>APC>PIG

The only complaint I have about the APC is that the straps are closer together than I'd like. If I hadn't switched to the JPC a week later my APC wouldn't be laying in a box. It's very well thought out nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you had to choose without price being a factor what would you pick and why?
View Quote

question is why are you're waffling on the decision... what is at issue with your decision chain that you need others to make justifications one way or the other?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
OP is probably soliciting opinions to hear the arguments in support of them to make sure he is taking into account everything before making a determination.  That's why we have reviews of everything from food to cars available as consumers.

Remember when it comes to plate carriers most are pretty adjustable. You can swap out cummerbunds and shoulder pads pretty easily between a lot of different carriers.  Nice thing with the PIG is that you've got a lot of adjustments to the straps and a ton of padding to promote airflow and protect your spine from PITA that is unavoidable when wearing plates.  You pay for all those bells and whistles though with a premium price.  The Mayflower is great due to its price point in my opinion and the fact that right off the bat you get the kangaroo pouch pocket on the cummerbund.  Plus, the Mayflower gives you a ton of options with adding in chest rigs and selecting various materials and camo patterns.

Plenty of other fine options available though out there and you shouldn't limit your search to the most popular.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
APC. I'm biased though, as I own one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget that the shingle that goes in the kangaroo pouch of the APC is sold separately and is usually out of stock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't forget that the shingle that goes in the kangaroo pouch of the APC is sold separately and is usually out of stock.
View Quote

You can still throw three mags in there. You just wont have the bungee retention straps.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#7]
PIG is so damn comfortable I feel like I'm wearing a pillow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can still throw three mags in there. You just wont have the bungee retention straps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not will it have dividers.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Have owned both.......APC is still in the closet
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have owned both.......APC is still in the closet
View Quote

My question to you is this. What is the width difference of the front panels. I know the APC seem to be a bit smaller than the PIG. I am planning on running 10x12 plates.

I am going for a bit of a minimalist setup that offers the rifle to be shouldered properly. From what I am gathering, the APC(small/medium) is a bit smaller in the front and rear plate areas than the PIG. Is this true?

I currently have a Shellback Banshee and my biggest problem is the buckle placement. I really HATE how it feels when I try to shoulder my rifles. I have ordered the SKD  D-Rings to help correct this problem but I think I would like it if the shoulder straps were closer to my neck like the APC offers. I like the design of the shoulder straps on the APC the more and more I keep looking at it. The APC doesn't have any form of buckle or anything in the spot where someone would shoulder the stock.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#11]
If money weren't a concern I would choose the Strandhögg by First Spear. It's like a wet dream of comfort.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If money weren't a concern I would choose the Strandhögg by First Spear. It's like a wet dream of comfort.
View Quote

I'm looking for the one that will give me the ultimate stock shouldering ability. It had a lot to do in my eyes with the shoulder strap placement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm looking for the one that will give me the ultimate stock shouldering ability. It had a lot to do in my eyes with the shoulder strap placement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want the Mayflower APC. No question.

ETA: I was I'm the same boat and started out with a Banshee. The shoulder strap/buckle placement was not what I was looking for.

I sold my banshee and bought the APC and that problem was solved.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA: I was I'm the same boat and started out with a Banshee. The shoulder strap/buckle placement was not what I was looking for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here switched from the Banshee to the APC and I love it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top