Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 1:18:16 PM EDT
I've got a banshee plate carrier, it's great, but I'd like a belt to go with it. What does the hive mind have to say on the subject?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
US Grunt Gear makes a good one or HSGI.  they are both quality and have the desirable features.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Either HSGI or VTAC brokos belt.

Both are very high quality.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an HSGI but you can't go wrong with any quality brand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received my HSGI with Corba belt.  I like it, but I have had no other experience with one.  I am a Police Office and it is far more comfortable than my leather duty belt and my past nylon belts.  I bought because of reviews here and after speaking with HSGI on the phone I felt their CS was great.

I am sure there are others, but I am happy with the HSGI.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have US Grunt Gear it's great and so is Robert
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I am just thrilled with my HSGI belt.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
HSGI Suregrip

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I vote for Robert's work
at US Grunt Gear.

I am very happy with
everything I have rec'd
from him.

John
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Ditto.
Quoted:
I vote for Robert's work
at US Grunt Gear.

I am very happy with
everything I have rec'd
from him.

John

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used both a BFG SOC-C belt and a BROKOS belt in the past.  I've actually switched now to a more minimalist setup.  I picked up a First Spear Gun Belt that has velcro on the inside for use with their Missing Link belt loops (not necessary, but helpful in this case).  I put my pouches where I want them, then use the Missing Link loops to attach the MOLLE straps (either MALICE clips or BFG Helium Whisper straps) to the velcro backing of the belt, keeping them in place.  This yields a much simpler, lower profile rig.  As long as you keep your belt light, there's no issues.  If you plan on running a ton of stuff on it though, a more rigid belt might be better for you.  I'm running a Safariland 6004 holster for my M&P, two rifle TACOs, a double BFG 10-Speed pistol mag pouch, and a BFG dump pouch.  This keeps my belt light and very low profile, providing better body movement for me.  FYSA, I'm 5'6" and 170lbs, so a full battle belt and chest rig or plate carrier tend to interfere with each other.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top