Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:47:45 PM EDT
Just for a little info, these kinda suck as canteen covers. The canteen is really hard to get in, and then the velcro just barely touches the other part. The release buckle is about all that holds it all together. And then the buckle is really hard to release. I had to put it in front of me, and try 2-3 times to unfasten it. Not something you can do with it on the side or back of vest.
I am going to use these for something else and buy different canteen pouches.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads-up...I had been seriously considering ordering two of them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The USGI MOLLE versions, at least the Woodland units, will accept USGI canteen, USGI canteen cup, and USGI canteen cup stove.

It is not at all uncommon for other mfr's––even first-tier mfrs–– canteen/utility pouches to run a tad small

UCP/ACUPAT too, and generally cheap, cause its not cool anymore.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The smallness of the pouch didn't bother me that much, but having to use both hands and a extra effort to remove and replace canteen, is to much when wearing a vest or other LBE. I seriously doubt it can be done one handed. Which means the vest or LBE would need to be removed to get a drink.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the fix it. Bought some alice adapters for my vest and going with old style canteen covers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top